episode six 🎤 part one

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Julie and I had woke up late for school and were now scrambling to get to dance class. We run in panting cause we were out of breath.

"Oh, Julie, Nessa nice of you to join us."

"We're so sorry. We overslept." Julie explained.

"Take your spot." She instructs.

Julie and I go over to our spots next to Flynn.

"So...why didn't you wake us up?? We missed our first three classes!" I said at Flynn.

"You said that you were never going to show you face at school again. And I'm a very literal person." Flynn explains.

"It's ok. It's those stupid ghosts we're really upset at." Julie said frustrated.

"I'd kill them if they weren't already dead." I said.

"Having a band is supposed to help your social life, not ruin it." Flynn says.

"Ex-band." Julie and I tell her.

"Right. Sorry. Ex-band." She corrects.

"It's all just so messed up. I thought they were in this with us. But I was obviously wrong." Julie says.

"Yeah it's over for them."

"Hey don't blame yourself. You can only be so strong when three cute ghosts ask you to join a band." Flynn says.

"And speaking of cute, have you talked to nick today? He seemed pretty chatty at the dance." Flynn says smirking.

"No and I'm kinda dreading it. At least I know I won't see him in this class." Julie says.

As hard as I was trying to focus on the work I could get my mind off of how the guys ditched us. My mind was clouded with thought and I didn't even notice when the lacrosse team walks in. Way to manifest Julie I think laughing to myself.

"Ok students, so Coach Barron and I have decided that his lacrosse team will be a part of our class for the next few weeks. Many pro athletes have used dance to help them with their coordination and mobility."

"This isn't about flirting with girls. It's about making us better so we can actually win a game. We lost against Burbank! Burbank!!" Coach yells. Obviously still a soft spot for him.

"Well let's remember that composure is a big part of dance. Everybody pair up."

No one moves.

"Let's go!!" Coach says clapping his hands.

Flynn and I move to find a partner as nick walks up to Julie. We wink at her as she whispers us for us to not leave.

"So ladies let's do what we learned last weeks and we will perform with the boys on Friday. Coach Barron and I will demonstrate."

"No. I don't dance so.." he says as our teacher grabs his hand.

"You do now."