episode four 🎤 part two

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Sample someone else's music. Me and my mom used to sing that song at the top of our lungs in the car all the time. It's a classic Trevor Wilson song." Julie says. The boys give us a confused look.

"Nope. It's a classic our song." Luke said taking his notebook.

"Pure Sunset Curve. Never even heard of Trevor Wilson." Reggie says.

"Yeah maybe you're mixing it up, you know, with another song." Alex suggest.

"She doesn't mix up songs. Trust me. Me, Julie and his daughter used to be best friends. We used to hang at her place all the time. She knows that song." I defend Julie.

"Ok." Alex says jokingly.

"Here. I'll prove it." Julie says grabbing her laptop.

"His first album had a bunch of hits but none of his latest stuff is as good." Julie says. Alex hits Reggie in the shoulder.

"That's Bobby." Luke says.

"Seriously? We just told you his name is Trevor." I said.

"Ok great. Then- Then he changed it all right? That's definitely Bobby. He was our rhythm guitarist." Alex says pointing at Luke.

"Trevor Wilson was in your band?" Julie asks not believing.

"I can't get over how old he looks. Oh..." Reggie says.

"He looks like a substitute teacher.." I give Alex a weird look.

"Julie, Nessa what were his other hits?" Luke asked.

"Get Lost." Julie named.

"Yeah. I wrote that." He says angry.

"Long Weekend..?" I tried.

"Yeah Luke wrote that one too." Reggie voices.

"Crooked Teeth?" Julie asks.

"And that. It was about Reggie." Alex pointed.

"What?? I thought it was about you! I don't like that song anymore." Reggie said offended.

"Wait..this is freaking me out..Trevor's song are kind of big to us. He's the one that introduced us to rock." I said looking confused.

"Yeah Luke introduced you guys to rock." Alex said pointing at him as he threw a dart angrily.

"So this whole time I thought you were connected to my mom. But instead your connected to Carrie's dad? Out of all people it had to be the one girl who had it out for us." Julie asks. I nod in agreement.

"All right well add it to our list of questions." Alex says upset.

"Back when the three of us were friends all four of us used to talk about music all the time. He never mentioned you guys." Julie said as Luke angrily threw more darts.