episode five 🎤

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Is everybody fired up for Julie and the Phantoms??" Flynn said to the mic as everyone cheered. She had been stalling for hours and the guys still weren't here.

"Great! Keep that fire for later cause we are running a bit behind schedule. But don't worry, and enjoy some of these mind-blowing beats." Flynn says as she starts to play a song and walks back to us.

"Julie and The Phantoms?" Julie asked as I laughed.

"I had some free time in French class. And you'd tree like it because I registered it on Insta, Twitter, Snapchat..." Julie pushed her hands down.

"No I love it." Julie says.

"Sorry Nessa her banner just sounded better." Flynn said.

"It's ok. I love it." I say with a grin.

"But I would love it more if the actual Phantoms were here." Julie said as I nod in agreement.

Flynn and I point behind Julie as nick walks up and we leave. We head to the stage and DJ the music as we jam around on stage. We wait a couple minutes before we head back.

"I can only stalk for much longer! It's 11:00. I think you guys should just play by yourselves. I mean hologram or no holograms you'll be amazing." Flynn says poking her head behind the curtain. Julie and I were seated on the ground. The boys still haven't arrived yet.

"You saw us the other day! We can't play without them. They'll be here. They have to." I say. I look over to see nick walking in and I get up.  I smile at him before looking down a Julie.

"Good luck." I whisper. I walk to the rage with Flynn giving Nick and Julie some private time.

All of a sudden nick walks onto stage and then grabs the mic.

"Hey everybody! We fixed the hologram thing! Who wants a show?" Nick yells as everyone cheers.

"Now..give it up..for Julie and The Phantoms!!!" Everyone calls us into stage as I walk forward and Julie walks out.

"Uh..hi..so hear's the thing..even though we got the machine to work, thanks to nick." We pause and let everyone cheer.

"We can't seem to link up with the guys. Wi-if am I right? We're sorry.. but we're gonna have to cancel.." I say looking down.

The crowd start to get upset as Carrie walks up the stage.

"Um anybody know the Heimlich? Cause Julie and Nessa are choking out. Only one way to save this dance." As she comes and grabs the mic from me.

"Who wants to see Dirty Candy?" Carrie asked as everyone cheers. She reaches for the equipment but Flynn reaches over and clicks it off breaking it.

"Oops..it's broken." She says.

"Ok. Two can play that game. Party at my house!" Carrie shouts and everyone cheers clearing the gym.

The three of us get off of stage and sigh.

"Well that kind of backfired." Flynn stated.

"Yeah.." I said.

"Oh! Well the whole night wasn't a bust. The new gummy found someone. Little man had game." Flynn pointed out to the two dancing. We smiled and stood in silence.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The 3 of us were sitting in the gym popping balloons from the red and white banner.

"We can never show our faces at this school again." I say.

"That's what we get for depending on boys." Flynn says.

"I don't know if i should be mad or worried. They're ghosts who knows what kind of trouble they can get into." Julie said sighing.

"I can't believe they didn't show up. They promised us." I said looking down.

"You know what? This calls for some some ice cream from the cafeteria. Fools gave me the keys! Come on Julie." Flynn says as I laugh.

"We can crash at my place and forget about the terrible nightmare." Flynn says.

"Get me two! Of everything!" I yell.

They leave and I sit there staring into space, until I hear a poofing. I look over to a the band standing there.

"Guys! We are ready to rock this dance..which is clearly over.." Reggie yells running in. Alex turns Luke in my direction as I stand up.

"Look..we are...so, so sorry that we bailed on you." Luke said.

"Yeah..I mean the night really got away from us.." Alex said.

"and the twins.." Reggie adds as Luke hits him in the arm.

"Just please tell me it had nothing to do with you getting back at Carrie's dad." I say.

"Pffft."

"What? Of course not!"

"No we wouldn't do that!"

"Seriously? You're lying to me?" I ask.

"Ok look it was something we needed to do." Alex explained.

"B-but well do whatever it takes. We'll play the next school-" I cut Luke off.

"What? Another dance where you can bail on us and make us look like fools? Save it! You know what really sucks though?" I asked looking at their faces that we filled of guilt.

"Our songs were good. And all three of you know what me and Julie have been through. How hard it was for us to play and then you go and do this? Bands don't do that to each other. Friends don't do that to each other." I say with a sigh.

"I think I speak for both me and Julie when I say this was a mistake."

"You mean the school dance right?" Luke asks stepping closer.

"No. I mean joining a band with you guys." I say and with that I run off.

"Nessa...Nessa!" Luke falls out but I keep running.

I run home and close my room door. I couldn't believe they humiliated us like that. It was so hard for me to even touch the piano again and they bailed. At times like this I always wonder if there is something wrong with me. There had to be a reason why everything in my life always went sideways. My parents leaving me. The band lying. My underlying migraines that only started when my parents left. It seems like my whole world was falling apart and I couldn't stop it.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey guys!
Sorry that these chapters are so uneven. Some are long and some are short. It just happened. But thank you for being patient. And thank you so much for 4.28K!!