episode one 🎤 part three

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

As I'm walking up the stairs towards the house a whoosh sound cause me to scream as I see Luke standing in front of me.

"Ah!! Stop that!" I scream irritated.

"I'm sorry." Luke says walking closer cautiously.

"What do you want?" I ask.

"I know this is all completely insane, but you do you know how rad this is? People... actual people can hear us play." Luke says looking at me.

" yeah it's just Julie and I have had a pretty awful day. I should go." I explain.

"Well, I'm sorry you had a bad day, but 3 guys just found out they had a bad 25 years, and then they found out that the one thing they lived for in the first place they can still do. That's pretty rad." Luke explains.

"You're right. It's just..."

"Your bad day." Luke cuts in.

I stay silent.

"Look, i'm sorry we came into your life, but... well I just felt that actually made me feel alive again. We all felt alive again. So, you can kick us out if you want, but we're not giving up music. We can play again! That's a gift no musician would ever turn down. You gotta know that. Clearly your into music." Luke says.

"Not anymore." I say.

"What do you mean?" Luke asked.

"I don't play anymore. I stopped when I was younger. When my parents left." I explained.

"I'm so sorry. I had no idea." Luke apologized.

"Yeah..w-we didn't know." I look over and see Alex and Reggie leaning against the bush.

"It's ok. It was a long time ago. I got adopted by the people next door and they took care of me. That's how I met Julie. She's been through a lot. She hasn't played since her mom passed away." I explain.

"What about you?" Reggie asks. I look down and sigh.

"I haven't played in years. I just lost connection with it when my parents left. I was 8, so pretty old and I just stopped. They never explained why. They just did. Haven't heard from them since." I sigh wiping a tear.

"Anyway. I'm sorry about Julie. She's a little more walls up then me, but she'll come around. And you guys were pretty good." I say smiling.

"Pretty good? You know that's just 25 years of rust getting dusted off." Luke says.

I laugh and look at Luke. He smiled at me as I looked at the other guys.

"So do you play piano too?" Reggie asks.

"Uh, I did. Not so much anymore." I say putting my hand in my pockets.

"Did you ever try?" Alex asks.

"Um, not exactly. If you count sitting there then freezing. Then yes I did." I say laughing.