Chapter 34

Season 3 Episode 14

"Are you sure this is the right place?" Sarah questions, looking at James as they pull up next to a small house in Mexico.

"This is where there scent leads. It's got to be." James notes, jumping out of the car with Sarah quickly following. He leads her to the trunk of his car and opens it, revealing a load of weapons.

"That's what I'm talking about." Sarah tells him, grabbing two pistols and a knife from his trunk, loading them and grasping them into her hands. 

"You ready?" James asks as they approach the door.

"More than ready." Sarah notes with a smirk, kicking the door open and unleashing hell onto the hunters in the compound. When her guns run out of ammo, she throws the guns towards two of the hunters then grabs a machine gun from the back of her jeans and knocks out the rest of the hunters.

"Where has this person been?" James questions in disbelief, looking at the defeated hunters before rushing down the stairs and kicking open the door to the basement, knocking out the hunter guarding Peter and Derek.

"James?" They both question with a frown.

"Gentlemen." James greets as Sarah bursts into the room behind him.

"Are you sure you didn't invite me because you didn't want to do anything?" Sarah questions with an eye roll.

"I took down that hunter." James says, gesturing to the unconscious hunter.

"Well done." Sarah congratulates.

"Sarah." Derek says with a relieved smile. She rushes over with a hair clip and places it inside the lock of the handcuff, quickly unlocking it then moving to do the other one.

"How'd you know we were here?" Peter questions.

"Deucalion, hence why James is here." Sarah reveals, moving over to Peter and unlocking his handcuffs. "All right, let's get the hell out of here."

"We're not leaving without it." Derek protests.

"Without what?" Sarah frowns, turning to face a now fully clothed Derek. He leads them out of the room towards a chest in the main part of the compound.

"It's made from a rowan tree. It's mountain ash wood." Peter reveals, looking at the only human there. She gets the hint and opens the chest for them, looking at the black powder inside the chest. "And that would be just mountain ash."

"Someone really doesn't want your hands in there." Sarah notes, scraping around the box to find what they were looking for. She finds the small cylinder and pulls it out of the box, dusting the remaining mountain ash off before handing it to Derek.

"Now we can get the hell out of here." Derek tells them and they instantly oblige before the hunters wake up.

<<<~~~>>>

"So this is what you have been up to since you left Beacon Hills?" Sarah inquires in the car, looking over at Derek.

"Yes." Derek awkwardly nods, gaining a confused look from everyone.

"Cool." Sarah replies, making the awkwardness even more unbearable.

"God." Peter groans at the pair in disbelief, rolling his eyes at them.

"You can shut it because it's probably your fault that you got into that mess." Sarah lectures, turning back around to face the front of the car. The car ride was rather silent and they watched as day turned to night. Sarah glanced over at James who was yawning quite a lot and she gained his attention. "I'll take over, you just go to sleep." She tells him, gesturing for him to pull over.

"You should be sleeping yourself." James tells her and she lets out a scoff.

"I'll be fine." She disagrees and he obliges, pulling over and they switch sides in the car so she can continue to drive them back to Beacon Hills. During the journey, Sarah turns around to find the three werewolves peacefully asleep and she resists the urge to laugh. Her phone starts to ring and she quickly picks it up before it alerts the werewolves.

"When are you going to be back?" Her brothers voice questions when she picks up the phone.

"Hi, Stiles. I'm doing fine, thank you for asking." Sarah sarcastically replies to her brother over the phone. "I'll be back around lunch time tomorrow." She answers. "How is Scott and Allison."

"Good." Stiles replies. "Great actually. Scott was able to Alpha out and close his door, Allison was also able to close hers."

"That's good." Sarah notes.

"What about you?" Stiles carefully questions.

"No. I don't know how, Stiles. I'm just taking it a step at a time." Sarah tells her brother. "I know it's dangerous, before you give me a giant lecture, but I just can't do it."

"I'm not going to give you a lecture, Sarah. You have a supernatural door open in your mind, I wouldn't blame you if you couldn't close it but you need to." Stiles softly tells her. "the nightmares, constant insomnia, irritability, inability to focus, sleepwalking, vivid dreams and unable to tell the difference between what's real and what's not, it's building up and will hurt you."

"You've been keeping note of what's wrong with me?" Sarah questions.

"Of course I have. You're my twin sister, I'm concerned for you." Stiles tells her and she lets out a sigh.

"And it's sweet, but I'm going to be fine." Sarah tries to convince him.

"Okay." Stiles says, dropping the subject. "We also found a werewolf, Malia, who'd been a werewolf for 9 years. She's back to normal now and has went back to her family. You need to be back for Mischief night."

"Don't worry, I will be so we can prank coach. I also have a great idea for what we can do." Sarah reveals with a smile, continuing to talk to Stiles until he falls asleep. She drives the car the rest of the way to Beacon Hills and pulls up outside of Derek's loft when she arrives. She turns to look at the werewolves who were still sound asleep. She grabs her phone and plays a loud alarm tune, causing them to jump up and look alarmed. Only to find Sarah looking at them with a grin and they settle slightly as they look out of the parked window to see the loft.

"We're already back in Beacon Hills?" James questions.

"It's actually quite quick when all of the roads are dead." Sarah notes, hopping out of the car with Derek, Peter and James. "So, are you heading back to Deucalion?"

"Yes, we've been in Kansas for a while and we've settled slightly so I think I'm going to head back." James nods.

"Well, hope you have fun, remember to phone me." Sarah says, pulling him into a hug, provoking a protective growl to come out of Derek but only the werewolves notice.

"Of course I will, Sarah." James says with a chuckle, pulling away and giving the Hales a small nod before driving away.

"What are your plans for the rest of the day?" Derek questions, looking at her with a slight longing look.

"Haven't you heard?" She mysteriously questions. "It's mischief night." She smirks, walking away from the rather confused Hales and heading back to her house to prepare for her prank.

A/N: Kind of a short filler chapter. Updates may be slightly slow for a while since I've been back at college and things are getting back to normal now (I've also been binge watching Sherlock which is amazing and I'm legit in love with Mycroft for some strange reason).

Vote and Comment!