14 - going home

14

well it's now night and we were all beyond ready to get home

well it's now night and we were all beyond ready to get home. i got an actual meal and the showers still worked here so I took a shower and I feel so much better. i wrapped my towel around my body and looked in the mirror.

i pressed the towel against my stomach and said to myself "dang I've lost a good bit of weight". i sighed and moved my hand away from it. Dina is letting me borrow some of her clothes so I'm not in those dirty ones anymore.

i put on the tan tank top and some sweatpants to go with it. they were both loose and comfortable and it felt amazing.

i walked into the room me and Ellie were sharing and she gave me a small smile. "you look better already" she said getting up from the bed and walking towards me.

"oh so I looked bad before?"

"no.. that's not what i-"

"Ellie I'm just teasing you" I said with a little laughed. she rolled her eyes and said "oh haha". her tone was sarcastic.

i laid down in the bed and she sat on the side next to me. she looked down at me and said "even with bruises on your body your still so beautiful". her voice was low but sweet.

she gently put her hand on my cheek and stroked a bruise with her thumb.

"please I look like a mess" I said back putting my hand over hers giving it a little squeeze.

Ellie just shook her head then leaned down and kissed my forehead. "you still look amazing" she said with a smile.

i yawned then tapped the side of the bed next to me and said "Cmon let's get some sleep we got a long day of uh- riding tomorrow". Ellie chuckled a bit but laid next to me under the covers.

she wrapped her arms around my waist pulling me close. I smiled and closed my eyes drifted off to sleep.

TIME SKIP

i was woken up by someone gently shaking me and saying "babe it's time to get up". i yawned and pushed myself up. i looked around with my eyes squinted a bit since I wasn't fully awake.

"mornin" I said while yawning. i pushed the covers off of me and stood up from the bed.

was it all a nightmare?

i looked at my surroundings and they didn't look like Jackson. i went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror and saw my bruises. "not a nightmare... just reality" I said to myself.

i walked back out of the bathroom and back into the room me and Ellie shared.

"Tommy said to be down at 7 at its 6:30 right now" Ellie said packing her bag.

jeez it's early.

I grabbed a sweatshirt that was on the bed and put on over my tank top. i pulled my hair up then put on my hood. i didn't really have anything to pack. since I didn't have a bag or anything.

"need any help?" I asked tapping my foot a bit out of boredom.

"go grab the ammo on the kitchen table" Ellie said and I nodded. i walked out to the kitchen and looked at the table. we only had a few bullets left. i grabbed the ammo and brought it to her. she shoved it in her bag and then zipped it up.

"you ready?"

i nodded and we both walked out of the room. Dina was also out there.

"hey I was waiting for you two" she said with a grin on her face. we all went down stairs. my body was still really sore and I looked like shit but honestly I have for awhile.

when we got down there Tommy was waiting by the car.

"hey, I got some fuel from the one car so we will be just fine on fuel" he said opening the trunk. we packed up the car and then we all got in.

"hey guys I got a question"

"ok go ahead" Dina said sitting in the front to help Tommy with directions.

"how long have I been there?"

Ellie and Dina looked at each other and Tommy decided to keep quiet.

"y/n you've been gone for about a month" Dina said and my eyes widened.

a month?!?

it felt like it's only be 2 weeks..

i sighed leaning back into my seat. i can't believe i survived there for a month.

"it took us a while to find you... but I'm glad we did" Ellie said and gently held my hand. i smiled a bit agreeing.

we were soon on the road. finally we're leaving Los Angeles.

we're going home.

i hope you liked the chapter :))