Chapter 43 // "Okay, Mystery Gang."

Chapter forty-three; "Okay, Mystery Gang."
・・✿・・

" ・・✿・・

・・✿・・

Nate and Mika were dumbfounded as they watched Riley get taken away in the police car. Their silence remained even after she drove away, the two of them stood barefoot in the fall breeze.

"We have to tell Hayden," Nate shook Mika's shoulder a little before heading back inside, "you have her number?"

"Uh– yeah," Mika closed the door shut and took a seat at the dining table, "I'm gonna call her."

Nate went back to his room to call Dan, hopefully he'd answer during his busy morning routine.

"Hey, Nate? Did you need something?"

"Riley just got arrested this morning," He laid it out loud and clear, "I woke up to shouting and these two cops were putting her in handcuffs."

"Sorry– what? Arrested– f-for what?"

"I don't know if you saw it on the papers or tabloids but apparently Riley got into an argument with Blair last night. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with that."

"Getting arrested for that is a bit of a stretch– is Mika okay? Was she there too?"

"She came when Riley was being put into the car. She's on the phone with Hayden right now," Nate opened the door a little to hear Mika desperately trying to calm Hayden down.

Dan let out a loud exhale, "I don't wanna say what I think it is."

"What do you think it is?"

"I'm almost a hundred percent sure it has to do with Kai," Dan cleared his throat, "it's the only reasonable answer. If it were to be her pictures, she wouldn't need to be handcuffed or anything? Right?"

"After she got taken away I got this heavy feeling on my body. Like I knew she wasn't coming back any time soon," Nate admitted, "I'm still kinda in shock right now."

"O-okay– well, what we can do is meet up with her at the jail? Maybe? I don't know."

"Only her family can bail her out and talk to her. So in the meantime, we need to figure out how and why," he sat down on his bed and rested his forehead on his hand, "why did this happen now?"

"The only people who know are you, Serena, Mika, Chuck and I. Blair may too, she might just have an idea. Who knows if Serena told her or not."

"And out of those people who would have went to the cops?"

"None– I mean, who'd even go that far to anyways? Kai's already in prison, it's been two years since."

"You know, I don't feel comfortable enough to really do this over the phone. It'd be best if we met up. There's a coffee shop down the street from her house."