Chapter 28 // "No more universe!"

Chapter twenty-eight; "No more universe!"
・・✿・・

Chapter twenty-eight; "No more universe!" ・・✿・・

・・✿・・

"Why did I choose Blair over Nate?" I stuffed more popcorn into my mouth, "I'm so stupid.."

Mika surprised me with a visit. She and Hayden had been planning it for a couple days now. She showed up at my door with dinner and some snacks, but things went South right away.

Right now, she was comforting me after my constant complaining and self-deprecating comments.

"It's the whole girl code shit. I understand why you would sympathize more with her," Mika munched on the chocolate she bought for me, "Despite how shitty she sounds, it's an awful situation for her."

"I guess– but she lied to her boyfriend!"

"Everyone lies. That's the hard part to understand. No matter how bad people mess up, they'll do anything to spare themselves some judgement."

I groaned and grabbed a pillow, screaming into it to let out my anger.

"The good part of everything?" Mika removed the pillow from my face and smiled, "it's kinda like a reset button. Now that you're not friends with either of them.. Your elitist life is less complicated."

"And what about Serena?"

"Well– she'll be too busy fighting to protect Dan from exposure so.."

"I'm out of the loop."

It should have been a good thing to be out of all of the drama. But the fact that just a month ago they were searching everywhere to find me when I disappeared. They stayed and listened to my fucked up past and made efforts to comfort me– that couldn't of all been a waste.

"It was a waste being friends with them. Trust me," Mika scooted closer to me as we got ready for our movie marathon, "The real ones make it though everything."

I chuckled, "yeah..."

Thankfully the universe answered for my cries of loneliness because Mika was right here to comfort me. She always is.

Nate was sitting down in the rehab center with his dad. They were having lunch together, but today was the day that Riley was supposedly coming to meet the Captain.

After Howard's bust with the drugs, he agreed to sign up for rehabilitation. He wanted to make an effort to fix his mistakes. This was hidden from the public– they think he's visiting his side of the family and focusing on them.

Howard noticed something off about his son. Usually he would make effort to talk, yet he was silent and picking on the sandwich he made.

"Nate?"