Chapter 31 // "No boys allowed, go away."

Chapter thirty-one; "No boys allowed, go away."
・・✿・・

" ・・✿・・

・・✿・・

"And I ended up going to Jacob's house, spending the night there, but I had to go all over the city to find Serena. After that, Nate tried to win me over, but I had to reject him because I was with Jacob."

Hayden and I were sitting in the living room of our house. She just came back from her weeks long trip in Singapore. Now, I'm filling her in on the events that took place.

"Huh," Hayden nodded slowly, "Didn't expect you to go for the older guy.."

"I thought about it.. I thought about Nate and I being together, but that didn't seem fair to Jacob–"

"It's not about what's fair it's about how you feel," Hayden interrupted me, "if you don't feel anything for Jacob, then why are you leading him on?"

"I do like him. Of course I do!" I leaned back into my chair and crossed my legs.

"Or are you just trying to get over Nate?" She raised her eyebrows, "are you guys at least friends?"

"Ummm– no.."

"No!?"

"We kinda ended on an awkward note," I tugged the ends of my sleeve, "I sort of told him to leave me alone and we haven't spoken to each other since.."

"You're so stupid," Hayden sighed, "I can't comprehend how stupid you both are. You can still be friends with Nate– there's no universal rule that you can't. The only awkwardness that you're talking about is yourself. Because you think it's awkward when it's really not."

I rested my cheek on my hand, "you're probably right.."

"I am right."

"It's just.. I feel guilty too. For moving on and stuff," I shrugged my shoulders, "I shouldn't of made him feel bad, ugh–"

Hayden smirked at me, laughing at my realization, "so just call him. Say you're wrong and apologize. Act cute– you're good at it."

"Shut up," I rolled my eyes and went on my phone to call Nate. However, his number wasn't in my contact list. Our past messages and call history were erased.

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. When I went onto my block list, his number was there. It was the only one too.

"Is he not answering?"

"No– I mean– his number was blocked. I don't know for how long either," I shook my head, "he must've thought I was ignoring him all this time. Explains a lot more."

"Why would you block him?"

"I didn't, I-I'm confused on how this happened," I pressed call on Nate's number and heard ringing. Hopefully he would answer.