Chapter 5// "We're friends."

Chapter Five: "We're friends."
・・✿・・

" ・・✿・・

・・✿・・

I heaved a heavy sigh as I waited for Nate. I couldn't believe I was messing with Manhattan's "elite."

Well, I'm only friends with Serena and Nate, and I've talked to Blair twice, but there's a feeling that I'm gonna be sucked into a loophole.

The doorbell rang twice before I rushed to open it. A pair a sad blue eyes greeted me.

"Hey," Nate's lips pulled into a small smile.

"Hi," I gestured him to come inside. He was dressed up in a suit and his hair was slicked back, indicating he just came from Blair's party.

Oh great, I thought to myself, we're gonna be talking about her again.

Of course, I didn't mind talking to Nate about his feelings, however, I felt wrong talking about her and Serena. I'm not sure why.

He sat down in the living room area and also heaved a heavy sigh. Nate slugged into the couch, his head resting back and his eyes staring forward.

I took a seat on the opposite end to add onto the "therapist" feeling.

Just kidding. I was nervous and my hands were beginning to sweat, I didn't want him to touch me.

"Serena came to the party," He started off, "It was suppose to be a night where Blair and I could.. Be better?"

He shut his eyes tightly as regret fueled his anger, "but when I saw her, it felt like that night before she left. I wanted to chase her— I almost did."

My head rested on my right arm as I continued to listen. Nate was a genuine guy and anyone could tell. I know he doesn't want to hurt anyone, although he may seem like the "player" type.

"And Blair stopped me," Nate continued, "she lectured me about us and about Serena. And I got so mad so I just left. I didn't want to be anywhere anymore.."

His hands rubbed his face and massaged his temples, "sometimes I hate how my life is like. How it's all turning out now. But I don't hate anyone— I still love my family, Blair, Chuck, Serena, everyone.. I just wished everyone got along, you know?"

Is it my turn to talk?

"Yeah, I get it," I started off, "but if you do love them, you're gonna have to love them for who they are. People are different and that's what makes your bond with them so strong. It's not gonna be like this forever, we're still only in high school."

I laughed, "I think.. if you want to do something about this, you're gonna have to take the lead and talk to them. And be assertive, not submissive."

Nate crossed his arms and nodded. I don't think he'll take my advice, but he'll consider it.

"This may make me sound like a spoiled brat... I wish I was just a normal person," He looked at me, "a person that doesn't have all of this public pressure on him. A person that only has to worry about college, entrance exams, and graduation."