Chapter 16

Sebastian jolted up with the pain on his back quick to shoot up making him groan. He was a light sleeper and even the slightest sound could wake him. His eyes trailed to Greenery who lay back on the bed with the pen still in hand and books spread out over the bed. She was sitting in the same position just with her back to the continentals. He could imagine the pain she would be in when she woke up with her legs crossed for so long. The lights were still on with the rain not giving up outside, he shivered where he sat, the blanket having fell off with him passing out on his computer having half of his face burning from the keys that had pressed on his skin. He rolled his neck along with his shoulders yet them still being stiff.

Something had woke him up and that was why he found himself not moving and listening for any sounds. It was quiet for some time until he heard the creak of the board as if someone was stepping on it yet it could just be that the house was old. He sat where he was, grabbed the gown tighter with his teeth soon to chatter from the cold. His phone was right next to his laptop and he went switching it on and the clock just blinked three o'clock in the morning. He wondered when they slept but was sure they had been talking trying to chase away sleep just two hours ago. His head pound along with every part of his body. The bed looked so inviting yet he would have to stick on the chair until morning came.

The sound came again, it was near to the door having him stare at it, and his instincts were kicking in as he stared underneath the door to see the moving shadow. His heart drummed thinking of how it could be her father yet something was screaming at him. He waited, not wanting to cause a stir if it was her father. The handle moved only to go back in place and by then he was out of his chair, the gown untied and dropped to the floor. He slowly made his way to the bed and when he heard the rattling sound as if someone was trying to unlock the door with a foreign object he went dashing and scooping up Greenery. She leaned on his chest, stirring but going back to sleep. It was better that way for she would scream or panic when she woke up letting the intruder know they were awake. He stared at the room looking for a way out and seeing none except the window. He had to wake her up and his mind seemed to scramble everywhere as he himself panicked.

His feet seemed confused for a second as he went there and there not knowing what to do, fuck he was not meant for such situations. He ran to the desk grabbing his phone and laptop, putting it in the bag and throwing it over his arm then he grabbed his keys and ran taking her phone. His feet carried him to the window which he threw open, the wind and rain pouring on him having it hard to breathe and by then Greenery was stirring from sleep, her head coming up to stare at him. He could not even say a thing but sure she had read her face because panic hit her and she froze and paled. Her body shook and just at that moment the door gave out, swinging ever so slowly with their hearts drumming from their throats.

Greenery was dropped to the floor, her legs not working, numb from being crossed all night, she fell to the floor as Sebastian turned facing the tall man who had a black mask covering his face. In his hand was a gun and Sebastian knew just then that he was fucked. He did not know what to do, fear gripping him. Confusion had him freaking out on why this man had decided to rob this house leaving all the glamorous ones along the way yet it was not time for that. Greenery was weeping her eyes out at this point as she tried standing up but failing. Her adrenaline pumped up and she knew she had to get out of there now or she would not get out at all.

Sebastian moved, standing in front of Greenery who with the help of the wall was standing up.

"Run Green," Sebastian said, his fear apparent to all of them yet he stood his ground staring at the intruder who was advancing to them with his gun held up, ready to shoot.

"No one is going anywhere here!" The man shot out, his voice giving them that he was middle aged and very well built if he might point out. The decision was made, a stupid one at that yet he went for it, running to the man, going head first to his belly only for them to both fall. Sebastian did not know what he was doing yet knew that Greenery had to get away for if this was the man that had had her crying so hard earlier then they would not get out alive. The two men rolled on the floor, his heart being heard by the neighbours for sure as he wrestled with the man for the gun, He did not know what he was doing, his arms just swinging and hoping to hit something. He wanted to scream for Greenery to run and not look back yet the words were stuck in his throat as he punched and punched hitting something now and again hoping it was the man's face. The man was stronger though and soon had Sebastian pinned down with the gun placed on his forehead. Never had he been so scared in his life, he saw his life flashing before his eyes and tears nearly came closing in  his eyes yet he swallowed the emotions for if he was to go out then he would go out like a man yet fuck he was scared.

A loud shutter was head with everything going in slow motion. The man stood, his dark eyes staring directly at his seeing the intent to kill, seeing that indeed he was going to pull the trigger then suddenly the man was staggering as Greenery kept hammering him with her night lamp until nothing was left of it. She was quick to grab the gun, holding it by the mouth so that if there were fingerprints she would not smudge them off.

"Come on!" She shouted to Sebastian who was still dazed, laying on the floor not believing that he had been so close to lose his life. Greenery seemed to be fired up as she ran to the bathroom grabbing a plastic and dropping the gun before tying it and placing it in the bag that had fell to the floor with Sebastian falling.

"Are you okay?"  Asked him as he stumbled up, blood rolling from his right brow where he had been punched when they were wrestling. The man stirred on the floor and they had no time to ponder on the events as they took off running out of the room, down the steps to the front door that had been unlocked by the intruder. The rain poured on them as they ran out with Sebastian taking the lead, his mind still fuzzy, stumbling now and again yet he ran and soon they got to the car.

Sebastian fished for the keys from his pockets, opening the car as they got in, he slammed his door, pressed the start button and the car came to life. There was no time to wait for it to heat up as he took off, sliding from under the tree and heading for the wide open gate. He pressed on the gas with the cold having both of them shiver yet that was not the only reason they shivered. He had to get them out of there, he had to get them out of there fast for the man would soon catch up on them. The wipes were working overtime as the rain poured with no mercy, the car hit the dirt road and the heavens were not on their side for as soon as it hit it started dancing, moving left and right, turning completely to the way on which they were coming from. It was tedious yet he eased on the gas for he knew that the harder he pressed the more the car would dig itself deep in the mud. He changed gears, moving to one only to take it easy, he tried and soon the car was turned back. No one could imagine the way their hearts hammered, at this point just getting out and running was a good option yet he took a deep breath thinking of how he had to get them both out of here. He moved, driving on the side where it was less muddy, the car was swimming through and it was just a matter of keeping it swimming in a straight line.  It danced left as he turned the wheel all the way to the right only for it to slide right and there he was again turning and turning the wheel. Sweat broke through, the road keeping his mind from wondering on the man who was probably after them in this second. The lights were on bright and they saw the red car that was parked by the road, the car that probably belonged to the man that had been there to slaughter them. Sebastian slowed down until their car came into a stand still. He fished out for his knife from his door then threw his door open. There was no way the guy was not catching up to them with the four wheeled car, he would just be running through the mud with those big tires. He walked up, anger having him heaving as he slashed the tires making sure he did a large slash. The rain had him dripping wet yet he did not care, he walked back to the car, mud having his feet heavy as they sank in sure to leave his pants red. He slipped back in the car, his eyes looking over to Greenery to find her shaking like a leaf, so bad her body seemed as if it would shutter and seize to exist. Her tears streamed down with her face so pale as if she had just seen a ghost. He did not know what to do or say but for now he was getting them out of there.