Chapter 12

The ride was a quiet one, no one said a thing. Zeb's dislike of her was something she knew very well and was okay with that as people had the right to feel what they wanted to feel. She sat on the seat as the car pulled up the parking in the college's parking lot. Greenery unbuckled her seat belt just as Zeb turned off the engine.

"Thank you." She said honestly. It was amazing how the group of friends would practically do anything for each other. It was not a friendship where some just stick because they wanted to gain something. It was pure friendship, five guys meeting in kindergarten and practically becoming brothers.

Zeb nod his head taking out the key from the ignition and unbuckling his belt.

"Want me to walk you out?" He asked having Greenery jump up and vigorously shaking her head. It was bad enough that some people would see her slipping out of his car, for him to actually walk her to her school grounds would cause a lot of gossip and more bullying on her side.

"No, thank you." She said opening the door and closing it saying a quick bye then rushing up. People could not help but stare as she walked by, they pointed talking to themselves not even hiding the fact that they were practically talking of her but Greenery had grown used to it. The college grounds were already busy with people rushing to classes even though it was seven in the morning. Some already sat on the benches in groups doing school work. When she had passed all the sport courts she entered the high school grounds through the gate dividing the two schools.

It was too early and she was not used to seeing so little people around. Cars were already dropping the early birds. Kids walked out of fancy cars waving to their parents, carrying bags and books ready to learn. Starbright was a private school where most of the students were from the finding families of the town. Everyone knew the other with status the only thing most cared about. You could see from the cars dropping off the kids that the children weren't the only ones competing.

Greenery walked in the building deciding to head to the library since class would not start for the next thirty minutes. She walked in finding the place deserted with the librarian just taking a seat at the desk having just opened the library five minutes ago.

"Good morning ma'am." Greenery greeted the lady who looked to be around fifty, her glasses on her nose and eyes poking up above them.

She waited for a reply to get none so she slid the books she was bringing back along with her student card. The lady took it, typing on the computer only to slide back the student card. Greenery turned, walking out of there wondering why it was so that most librarians she had met were moody old hags. She shook her head going to her locker, putting off the books she had took home then grabbing the one she would need for first period. The corridors were getting packed by the second, the noise turning up a notch with each passing minute. She watched as three girls ran hugging two other girls, screams pouring out of their mouths, excited to be together again as they immediately dived in their gossip while secretly checking out each other's outfits.

It was like a fashion show, everyone pulling out their best clothes as if it was Christmas. You could see that much effort and thought was put into their looks, fifteen year old girls buried in layers of make up making them look beyond their age. Greenery took her books, turning and keeping her head down, making her way to her first class which was Eng501. She was the first in and took her seat by the door, taking out her exercise book and pencil case.

With no one in sight, the noise getting louder and louder outside, she pulled out her earphones plugging them in her phone and listening to the one song that made her feel closer to Bash ; John Redcorn by Sir. The song played as she went through her school personal page looking if they had posted notes or new assignments finding only a few notes on chapter 1 from Mr Gule who taught Eco 511. She downloaded them then finding nothing else to do so she took advantage of the Wi-Fi logging in on Instagram browsing through the pictures there. She was so deep she did not even notice that the students had started filling in only jumping when hearing the sound of the distant bell quickly taking out her earphones, the chatter in the room capturing her attention. She looked around seeing everyone in their seats except for two girls who sat on desks of two guys at the backseat, their skirts showing off their shaved legs, creamy skin showing where the guy had his hand, the couple talking with their bodies so close it seemed as if they would just make out right there.

Greenery turned back staring at her pencil case not wanting to get attention on her. The door opened, a middle aged young man who she presumed was Mr Cole walked in.

"Good morning class, sorry for my absence last week but I hope everyone has done my work and submitted." He said placing his books on the desk, a marker in hand ready for action. The syllabus was handed out by Red who was more than willing with her glasses, ponytails and fake smile.

"By the end of the day I will have posted four more assignments of which one of them is a research proposal that is due in two weeks." Mr Cole spoke up not having mercy on his final years, everyone gasped in the room with all the work he had just sprung on them. The class went on, the bell ringing just an hour and fifteen minutes later with all the students rushing out to their different selective courses.

Greenery rushed into A27 taking a seat at the front, her desk just next to the wall. Starbright high was so different from her previous school. The teachers were out for the kill, by lunch time she had seven assignments of which one was due the following day. There was no time for games here, she wondered how she would pull through with working at the diner but she knew she had to. It was lunch time and she had not packed a lunch tin, lucky for her she had gotten a ride saving her bus money which she would use as she stood in the line going to buy something to eat.

"Hello," She said to the lady standing behind the glass.

"Hi," The lady who did not look anything above thirty replied waiting for her to say what she wanted.

Greenery gave the lady her slip which the lady took, reading then moved in action. All Greenery could spare was twenty bucks which she could only get fries as everything here was so expensive you would think it was an elite restaurant.

"Thank you," She said taking the forma pack filled with fries and a roll, moving out of the long queue all the tables being occupied, laughter filling the air as people sat in groups talking about their weekends and so. Her eyes trailed to the table that had most people where the head cheerleader sat wearing her uniform along with the football captain and their squad. They talked with each other, laughing and enjoying their lives, the couples sitting close to each other kissing now and again. Greenery took her eyes away before they could catch her watching, making her way out of the building. She walked around finding an empty table just under a tree, sitting there and eating her food while already getting started on her Accounts homework. There was no time for her and every second counted. Time flew and it was back to the last class which was physics followed by study time while the students doing sports went out to practice. The class where she sat in had only five students. You could hear the chants from the cheer squad miles away along with the football coach shouting, the whistle blowing now and again. The music from the music room was distracting not to mention the marching band.

Greenery loved sports, she really did but time was not on her side. She sat at the back of the class, B13 which was her main classroom. Her books were out as she wrote her accounts work finishing up just as the bell rang mentioning that school was over. She stood up rushing out of the building, following the map to the teacher's offices where she slid her assignment down Mrs White's door knowing that she would not have time to submit the next day.

The sun had set by the time she walked through the diners door standing shocked to see it so empty. She was not used to it, the diner had been full all week last week but it had been month end so it was understandable.

"Hi guys," She said waving while making her way to the dressing rooms.

"Hi Greenery," they sang back together going back to what they were talking about, sitting on the chairs behind the counter with nothing to do. When dressed up Green walked into the kitchen seeing the cook by the stove cooking something up.

"Hi," She said not happy to see the cook that had made her work two shifts without even a heads up. Her feet were still sore, her hands still swollen.

"Hi," the cook said back doing whatever she was doing. The young girl found herself with nothing to do so she leaned by the counter taking out her phone and downloading her assignments. The night went on slowly with a very few customers to serve. It was a new month, everyone having blown their earnings over the weekend, bills now catching up on them. It was ten on the dot when the girls were done cleaning the floors along with Suzzie having finished counting all the money and putting it in the safe. Greenery walked out of the dressing room, her bag on her back dreading the way home.

"Let's go girl," It was Suzie as she took her own bag with them walking out together only for Greenery to freeze where she was, heart drumming in her chest. She turned taking quick steps to the table where Zeb sat, his books sprawled all over the table and earphones plugged in totally oblivious to everything around them.

She tapped at his shoulder not believing her eyes only for him to turn, taking off his earphones.

"Hi?" It was more of a question as she stared at him waiting for an explanation.

"Hey, you done?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, what are you doing here?" She asked perplexed really. She did not believe that Bash would put his friend through all this, maybe he just loved this side of town she thought but knowing that this had Bash written all over it.

"I am here to take you home." He replied, closing his books and sorting them, standing up.

Zeb did not like all that was happening even one bit. To be honest he was so mad, there was nothing more he wanted more than to be in his bed right now with a cup of hot chocolate doing his Calculus assignment in peace. He could not understand why his friend was so whipped over this drumstick of a girl, there was nothing special about her and in fact she was totally crazy. He could not understand their relationship really, I mean who would want to protect and care for their stalker. It was weird and beyond crazy but he loved his friend so here he was on his own free will staring at this girl with her curly hair, golden skin, freckles under her eyes and over her nose.

He watched her sigh, her hands folded in tiny fists which was so cute. She huffed, opening her mouth only to close it.

"Thank you." She finally said, both of them walking towards the door.

"Hey Suzzie, Sorry But a friend is here to pick me up."

"Okay girl, see you tomorrow." Suzie replied back watching the young girl walk off while she was left switching out the lights and locking the door.