Chapter 30

Narrator's point of view

Violette slumped down the bed, tired from the recent events and from running to get back to the dorms so no one would see them sneak back in the castle. She had Hermione to escort her back to their dormitories prior to Harry's request. Luna said that they couldn't take her to the hospital wing, Umbridge would hear of it and question what happened and they didn't want to have that problem on their hands.

Hermione helped the girl in changing into a much more comfortable clothes and laid besides her, slowly stroking the top of her head to soothe her.

"I've never casted a Patronus Charm." Violette whispered, taking in Hermione's hand and slowly tracing circles on her palm. "I was afraid that I will never find it. Basically, my life in France was not exactly all happy memories. I missed my father even though I have a knowledge that he didn't want me."

"You knew deep down that he loves you. That kind of hope won't go away." She whispered and kissed the top of Violette's head.

The Black smiled and slowly nods, "I couldn't tell my mom that I missed my father. All those times, I thought he betrayed my mom just by having me. I was afraid I'll lose my mom if I told her that I wanted to meet my dad so I blocked that desire and desperately clung onto the idea of hating him. Imagine my surprise when I arrived here. He's a good man and is admired by many especially his godson, Harry."

Hermione smiled, her heart enveloped with the warmth of the girl she likes telling her the problems she's been carrying on her back. This was the moment she's been wanting, for Violette to express her feelings honestly.

"I can't join your cause, Hermione. It will be a huge scandal if we get caught and my father will go here just to stop for whatever the punishment Umbridge will have for us. Even Harry because Aunt Lily will do anything for her son to be safe." Violette sat up, to meet her eyes. "Believe me, nothing hidden can stay hidden. It will eventually reveal and we— you will get caught."

"Violette." Hermione started and hold her two hands. "Harry will crumble if he won't have help from you. We watched you take down multiple dementors, We are definitely going to need your help. Sirius would want you to prepare yourself, Scarlet wants you to help others and yourself to fight. I... I want you to fight, Vi. You can't just rely on what you know and hope for the best. That's why we need to learn from one another, together."

The Black felt the need to give up and help them. It was as if her need to fight against this cause just disappeared all so suddenly. She sighed. "Hermione Granger you will be my downfall." She whispered and let their forehead connect, both smiling and closing their eyes in the moment.

"So you will help? Have I convinced you?" She asked, the tone of her voice glooming with hope.

"If we ever get caught, I'll try everything just for you not to be punished. Drawing those lines on the parchment and having it to be transferred to my hand was painful. The sick woman has to go through me first before she lays a hand on you."

Hermione smiled and slowly kissed the Girl's lips, a way of showing that she is thankful. She lovingly held her cheek and pulled her closer, both shared a very emotional and loving night with them holding each other close while they drifted to a slumber.

After many thank you's from Harry, they all went to the room of requirement one by one so they wouldn't get caught. This is the first meeting yet they have a lot to learn.

The moment Harry and Violette came inside and the door closed behind them securely, they looked inside to see a small crowd gathered by a decoy for them to abuse.