Chapter 3

Narrator's point of view

Violette walked down the empty trail alone feeling confused. When she encountered her old love yesterday night, it gave her legitimately and true feelings of turning her down. There was no feelings there anymore, just confusion.

She sat down on the bench taking a rest for a minute. Her defense against the dark arts class just ended and she met Professor moody subbing for Remus Lupin. She knew every single professor thanks to her mother who enjoyed sharing details about her time as a student here.

When she heard that Remus was teaching the dark arts, she grew nervous. but relieved when he won't be teaching for this day. Remus is a good and close friend to her father, Violette was afraid that once he looks at the girl's name and face, he'll tell Sirius.

"Are you okay? You look a little lost."

Violette's eyes looked up to see an unfamiliar face, he was wearing the signature colors of hufflepuff making the girl nod a little bit.

"I'm gathering the little bits of my humane." She spoke making the boy's lips turn into a gentle smile before sitting down besides her.

"I'm Cedric diggory." He said and both of them shook hands in politeness.

"Violette Black." She said and when Violette tells her name from the start, she knew that she could trust the hufflepuff boy who seemed shock at the name. "I know."

"You're a black? How come—"

"—I'm a Gryffindor? Trust me, I have no idea as well but it's better than Slytherin."

Cedric lets out a peculiar chuckle that mostly half the girls in Hogwarts would fall for. But Violette is not like that, sure she finds some boys attractive but mostly she preferences the other team.

"Why are you out here? Most the students are in the Great hall, by the goblet of fire." Cedric asked starting a conversation that would slowly lead them to a strong friendship.

"Oh right, that. Aren't you a 6th year? Won't you be joining the tournament?" She asked ignoring the question.

"Yes I will actually. Want to accompany me when I finally put my name in the goblet?" He asked standing up.

Violette's head is not covered with the image of yesterday night, instead she looked for the brighter side and nodded sheepishly, "I'll be rooting for you when you get picked."

"Go on Cedric." A boy said and multiple of them pushed him towards the Goblet. Violette watched by the sides and smiled crossing her arms.

All of them clapped and cheered for the boy who put his name inside the blue fire on the Goblet. The Diggory made his way towards Violette who held her hand high and high fived each other.

"I'll admit, you do have a reputation to uphold." She said and both laughed as they continue to talk.

The doors opened behind them and the twins cheered while they excitedly ran towards their peers. Violette frowned and curious of what her friends are up to now.

They showed off the potion that they brewed in the morning making Hermione smile in a knowing way. "It's not going to work." She said singing teasingly.

Violette's lips tugged into a sly smile upon hearing her belief. Even the Black could agree, there was no way Dumbledore would let that happen.

"See this?" Hermione asked and pointed at the line surrounding the goblet. "This is an age line, Dumbledore drew it himself."