Chapter 21

Narrator's point of view

Violette had woken up minutes ago. Besides the unbearable headache she has, she pushed through and stood up to wash her face and herself for that matter. Nobody surrounded her when she opened her eyes which she was thankful for.

"Hermione." Violette spoke once she got out the bathroom with a fresh face that she padded with a dry towel. The Granger was sitting down on the bed, brought breakfast and medicine.

"I figured that you're not ready to eat breakfast with your whole family downstairs. I brought breakfast to you." Hermione said in a soft voice, Standing up and giving her the muggle medicine for her hungover.

"Thanks, for this." She said and drank the water after putting the capsule in her mouth. "And for breakfast."

Both sat down while one ate. "You put us with such a scare, you know." Hermione spoke while she watched Violette slowly ingest her food.

"I couldn't live with myself if something were to happen with my family. I've already lost Cedric, I don't want to repeat history." She sighed, the mere name of her bestfriend sent a cold shiver down her spine.

"Over the months, I've watched Scarlet, Sirius, Remus and everyone else do their best to find you. I'm not second-guessing or anything but I think they love you as just."

Violette smiled genuinely, for the first time in months. She missed those advices Hermione would tell her everytime she's in a bit of a mess. Those nights when they were in the library to study and talk personally about of their lives.

"Have I told you that I missed you and your wonderful brain?" Violette joked making both laugh for a second. "Hermione."

"What is it?" She asked when she sensed that something bothered her. A look she hasn't seen for a long time.

"I don't know those people downstairs, Including my father. They sounded like good people when my mother told stories of them. I always wondered on what it feels to have someone to love you and now that I have the chance, I have no idea what to do." The Black placed the plate on the table as she was finished.

Hermione sighed as she inched closer to her friend whom she grown to like more than the idea. With her own, she held Violette's hands in a comforting gesture that calmed her down.

"You wouldn't know if you are up here, won't you?" Hermione whispered, her head hung low to look at those blue eyes which she adored so much. "If you'd like, I can call Scarlet to go up. She misses you."

"I actually would love that. We can talk later, yeah?" Violette said, not trusting herself to be left alone in a room with the girl she's grown to like over the summer. Even though they haven't seen each other for many weeks, she faced the truth on having a bit more than just an innocent crush.

"I'll go call her now." Hermione smiled and stood up being forced to let go of the Black's warm hands to leave.

Violette sighed when the doors closed, alongside with Hermione. She laid on the bed for a few seconds and sat up when she heard footsteps rushing up the stairs. The door knocked and opened then she saw her mother with a bright smile.

"My daughter." Scarlet exclaimed and walked towards her, wrapping her arms around her daughter's ridiculously thin body. "I was so worried."

"I've heard... I'm sorry for leaving but—"

"—But you don't regret it, don't you?" She sighed and took the time on studying Violette's face which she wished she saw last 2 months ago. The Black nodded and looked down. "I'm proud that you get to explore this world but you cannot do that when you are in danger."