Chapter 7

Narrator's point of view

The recently new student in Hogwarts travelled to Professor Dumbledore to ask questions of her mother. She wanted to know everything that the ministry has taken into account or suspected of her mom. It was all too ridiculous to hear that Scarlet might be doing something shady. Violette has a free time before they ended their classes, she couldn't wait to talk to her headmaster.

Out of her head, she forgot to knock and interrupted a very tense and angry Remus Lupin who was talking to Dumbledore.

"Oh I'm sorry. I'll come back later professor." She said and turned to leave but Dumbledore told her to stop with a heavy sigh.

He turned back to Remus, "Do not do anything." He warned the man who's eyes was onto Violette the moment she came inside the room.

Remus didn't answer the man again and turned around to leave, passing by Violette who stood besides the door the entire time. He felt so lost to know that there was another Black, her father could be his bestfriend and didn't tell him that he has a child.

"Violette, What makes you visit?" Albus asked as he sat down behind his desk when the girl walk towards him with a worried look.

"Professor. I want to know what happened to my mom." She said shakily and Dumbledore looked at her in a concerned type of look.

For the next 15 minutes, He explained in details of what happened and how did her mother got into this mess in the first place. Violette couldn't stay still and paced around the room in worry, she knows that her mother can handle herself but it still didn't stop her. Everytime Albus tells her one bad detail, she would feel her heart drop to her stomach.

But after this sentence made her question herself of everything her mother told her. "Scarlet has never been to France. She was seen in Gringotts, undercover and wanted to get inside Bellatrix Lestrange's Vault."

She looked at him in disbelief, she took a step back and shook her head. "No that is not possible. My mother hates Bellatrix since when she was younger."

"That is what the Ministry of magic has told me. Have you received any sort of letter from your mother?"

She hesitated to answer him truthfully but gave up. If she wanted to trust anyone, it's Albus. "Yes I did. She told me that if I received a mysterious letter, to don't trust it. I'm worried Professor. My mom tells me everything including her involvement with her friends like Lily and James Potter."

"Do not worry, Violette. I will do my best to prove that Scarlet is innocent." He gave her an assuring look which calmed her down. "But you have mentioned a letter. May I see it?"

"I'm sorry, I left it in my room. I can go back and get it for you." Violette said and the man nodded. But before she could leave she rememberer that Professor Lupin was just here. "Did Professor Lupin ask questions about me? I attended his class earlier and he seemed surprised as expected..."

"Unfortunately yes he did. I told him not to tell Sirius a thing and that included James."

Violette sighed in relief and smiled. "Thank you again Professor." Dumbledore nodded smiling warmly at the girl before she left.

Albus had a soft heart for Scarlet ever since she attended Hogwarts. She reminded him of his sister, Ariana which sadly passed years ago. He promised Scarlet that he will keep a close eye on her daughter since she has a history of a family she had never met.

Violette walked passed the empty corridors to get to her room. She didn't miss the small whispers from the people she walked by and honestly she was getting tired of it.

When she walked inside the common room, the only people in there were Harry and Hermione who looked as if they were waiting for her to get there. She sighed and walked past them in a hurry.

"Wait Violette." Harry said jumping off the couch to go follow the girl who was already by the bottom of the stairs on the way to her room. He rushed to her in a worried kind look.

She turned around to meet the boy's eyes, Hermione stood besides him. "Harry. I have somewhere to be—"

"—And I'll make it quick. Who are you? What are you doing here?" Harry asked and Violette looked at him with a blank look. She clenched her fists into a ball.

"My name is Violette and my father is Sirius Black. I was born in Southern France and studied at Beauxbaton Academy of Magic because my mother ran away from home when my father didn't give a crap about me." She spat, the uncontrollable anger rise up. "So I'm sorry if I sound a little upset right now. I'm sorry if I didn't tell you that your godfather has a daughter who he didn't even want. Because honestly, I'm glad that my mother left this place. I would rather live with my mother than to understand why Sirius Black turned his back on my mother when she needed him most."

Violette angrily walked back up the stairs after taking a good look of Harry who seemed speechless of the sudden outrage.

"Great, you pissed her off." Hermione said when Violette could no longer hear them. She sighed and walked up the stairs to catch up to her.

Hermione ran vividly to their room and when she entered she saw Violette searching for something. She was rummaging in her bag quickly.

"Violette." She called closing the door behind her and cautiously walked towards her. Hermione sat down on her bed and watched the girl make a mess of her stuff.

"Hermione. I apologize for shouting back there." Violette said and frowned when she flipped through the pages of her book to see if the letter was stuck in there. "I was just tired of the attention I was getting because of my name."

She nodded, "I understand. Don't you want to take a breath and sit down for a minute?" said Hermione who was patting the empty space besides her. Violette looked at her and sighed giving in and sat down besides the girl.

"Anything you'd like to say? I won't tell anyone, including Harry." The Granger said looking over to her side, eyes scanning for a reaction on her face but she just smiled slightly. How come she's so beautiful She thought while looking closely.

"It's complicated. I don't want to involve you, surely you understand?" Violette said, barely a whisper, Hermione heard it very clearly making her nod.

"I am curious but it is your choice. What are you looking for? I'll help."

The two started to look for it. Violette described what it looked like which was an all black envelope with her full name on it. It was not hard to miss especially for Hermione who has a sharp eye and saw it between two books. She gave it to Violette who looked hesitant on opening it. She pushed aside her thoughts and opened it reading every word that were writte on a well neat folded paper.

"Don't trust your mother. She is lying." Violette whispered, so low that even Hermione couldn't hear it properly. She frowned and crumbled the paper throwing it to the floor.

Out of the frustratiom building up inside her, she pulled her wand out and pointed it at the paper, "Incendio..." She whispered and it sparked fire making Hermione gasp.

"Violette!" She shouted and ran over the fire stomping on it to put it out. She panted when only smoke was coming out the burnt paper and looked at Violette who was staring it down.

"I... I'm sorry." Violette whispered once more and turned to leave the room leaving a very confused and frightened Granger who calmed herself down.