Chapter 24

Narrator's point of view

The next day, Violette woke up to see that the girls are still fast asleep on their respective beds. Her thoughts immediately went to Hermione and panicking rather quickly but soom calmed down when she entered her bathroom to shower after grabbing her clothes.

The extremely cold water ran down her body, giving her the time to think of what happened yesterday. At first, it made her smile but remembered that after the very enjoyable kiss that they did not speak a word. Like literally no words got exchanged and they just went upstairs to sleep.

After a dreadful yet enjoyable shower, she dressed herself in the bathroom and dried her hair with a towel. With success, she managed to leave the room without waking anyone up and mostly it was Hermione she didn't want to wake.

She got down to where she ate breakfast and her head got flooded with the events on what happened last night. Violette didn't even notice her aunt Lily sit besides her to eat well.

"Something bothering you?"

Violette looked to her right and hid the fact that there was something indeed occupying her head. She shook her head and smiled, acting. Although, Lily could see right through it, she was always a good judge of character.

"We go back to school in a couple of days. I don't think I would even want to go." Violette explained and it made Lily nod understanding.

"We'll always write to you while we search for Bellatrix. Rather, up our game with that enchanted book your mother gave you." said Lily that ease Violette's mind. "But that was not really what's really bothering you, is it?"

"Yeah— It really is not." She confessed and the two lets out a light chuckle.

Just when she got to know of Lily a few days ago, she was the one who told her that she is her Godmother. Both got accustomed and spent an entire day of making fun of James and Sirius with the help of Scarlet.

Remus and Tonks left 2 days ago since Remus is still a professor in Hogwarts. With the first day back coming closer to them, he's presence is needed their.

This many days inside a house with her real family and friends had her feeling overjoyed. She didn't want to leave.

Soon, everyone started to come inside the room to eat as well which Molly helped them by cooking. Violette was already finished and excused herself to go to the living room, to be alone for one second while the others ate.

She didn't had the chance to see Hermione as she was too nervous of what's going to happen to their friendship if they talk about what happened last night. Violette sat by the piano and letting herself play the familiar instrument she learned to play in France.

It has been too long but when she spaced out, her body took control as her fingers played around the keys perfectly. The familiar melody in which she used to love hearing rang in her ears.

The only reason why she stopped was because the person who taught her to play was Nicole. She didn't even care now, she just wanted to play.

"I didn't know you could play." Harry said, impressed, once the Black finished. He walked towards her and leaned on the piano.

"Yes well— I thought so too." She said closing the piano's keys back and stood to sit down by the couch. "Where's Ron?"

Harry sat down in front of her, "He's eating with the rest. Is Hermione and Ginny still sleeping? They weren't with us."

Violette nodded, her heart slightly jumped by the mention of a name. "They were still asleep by the time I woke up. You know them, not a morning person."

"Yeah she really is." Harry sighed, thinking of only Ginny which made Violette laugh at his facial expression.

"Oh my, Potter. Your liking for Ginny seems to make you turn red." Violette teased and stood up before Harry could throw a pillow her way.
"I advice you don't wanna pick that fight."

"As long as you won't tell a soul." Harry said, the pillow on his hands on the air ready to be thrown.

"Well—" The Black thought and ran away when Harry started to chase her. Both laughter echoed around the living room as Violette ran in circles so she won't get caught.

Harry and Violette acted like kids for a long time without knowing that Sirius and James was by the door watching them with a sly grin on their faces. They made bets on how long would it take Harry to catch the girl.

Violette jumped over the couch as Harry stopped, didn't had the energy to hop over it like the girl did.

"I'll be certain that Ginny would hear every word I say to her." Violette panted with a teasing smirk. Harry grew more flustered and threw the pillow to the couch and sat down.

"Fine. If you tell her then I'll tell Hermione of how you keep looking at her."

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Violette glared at him while she sat down on the couch again, exhausted.

"Aha! I found a leverage."

The two cousins bickered and kept throwing nonsense teasing that made them irritated but in a good way. Sirius and James left them alone since they saw their children as their own younger selves, giving them deja vu. They didn't waste the time on sharing the news of what they're feeling to Scarlet and Lily.

Only Violette could see, The door opened quietly and she saw Hermione's head peaking out to meet her eyes. The Granger smiled and cocked her head to the side, motioning her to come and left without saying a word.

"I'm going upstairs. Take a nap, I woke up awfully early." Violette excused not looking suspicious to Harry who nodded letting her go.

Once Violette opened the door she heard fresh footsteps up the stairs. She looked around and by the presence of no one, she knew it was her going upstairs. With a heavy heart, she went to their room with no idea of what she is going to say.

She opened the door but found nobody inside. She walked inside, slowly closing the door behind her. With no ounce of defense, Violette got pushed aback on the door and heard the doorknob click.

"When I awoke, you were gone." Hermione whispered closely to the Black's ears whom was frightened by the sudden attack. "You can tell how much I am upset."

"I assumed—"

"—You assumed wrong." Hermione breathed out one last time before slowly walking backwards, away from the Black who wanted nothing more than to hold her close.

"Thought you'll be mad at me." Violette said fixing herself and sat down by the bed, passing by Hermione closely.

Hermione steadied herself and cleared her throat. "Why would I? Like I've said, I waited a long time to do that." Violette smiled and held Hermione's hand, pulling her to sit down next to her.

"Then? What's going to happen between us?" In an act of the moment, the words just came out of her mouth with no taking it back.

"Well, I really don't like labels of some kind. I suggest that we keep this going until we—"

"—Resolve things on their own?" Violette cut her off and it ignited annoyance to Hermione who nodded. "Relax, love. You're fuming red at the moment." She teased that it only made the other slap her arm.

"I really do like you, Violette. I'm just not ready for official labels like such." The Granger placed her hand on Violette's cheek, slowly caressing it. They both felt better with each other's affection.

Violette nodded, "I understand. Just don't keep me waiting for nothing."