Chapter 8

Narrator's point of view

"This is so ridiculous." Violette spoke while she stared at the newspaper in her hands. The daily prophet made her and Cedric the front page. "Young love— I mean what the hell."

Cedric that was besides her all this time chuckled while he stared at the paper on her hands. "I mean, I look good on that angle." He joked that made Violette hit him on the head with the newspaper. "Okay."

Violette laughed apologizing. "But seriously, Rita will do anything for a story. That son of a—"

"—okay okay let's calm down." Cedric said pulling the newspaper away from her hands carefully not wanting to provoke the girl besides him. "It could be much worse you know."

"Oh how." She scoffed in a loud sarcastic tone. Cedric opened his mouth but couldn't find the right words to calm down his friend.

"Yeah you're probably right. I have half the Ravenclaw girls and boys glaring at me for 'stealing' you so quickly." Cedric emphasised the word making Violette laugh, her head pulling aback slightly.

"Well the Hufflepuff AND Gryffindors aren't exactly fond of me either." Violette rolled her eyes and the two chuckled.

They stayed by the center of Hogwarts where they can go outside without actually leaving the castle. Many people were passing by them and some were sending death glared and some were just in shock. The two looked very well fit together but the problem was that Violette has no interest with Cedric. He was nice and loyal ofcourse but she has different standards when it comes to men. It was the similar situation with Cedric who already has his eyes set on a fifth year student in Ravenclaw.

Violette's eyes landed on Harry that was just behind Cedric. She frowned when a Blonde boy was aching to have his hand on Harry's face.

"Excuse me, Ced." She excused and stood up walking to the two boys who were inches from each other. She knew exactly who it was and what hold she has over him.

Scarlet kept tabs on her family ever since. She didn't want Violette to be left alone and not know her family including distant cousins and relatives. But the truth will be revealed one day.

"Draco Malfoy. Have no one else to bother with your waste of a space words?" Violette kept a neutral face while she had her arms crossed. Draco's eyes landed on his distant cousin who he just found out yesterday over one of his goons.

He looked between Harry and the girl who seemed hell bent on cussing him until he goes away. "I've heard stories, Violette. You are not seriously protecting Potter are you?"

"I'm sure Harry can handle himself but I just wanted to piss you off. So, I bet you are itching to run of to your father about our conversation. Right?" She kept her cocky eyes stare down the boy until he scoffed.

"No wonder Sirius left your mother. He did himself a favour." Draco said making his Slytherin buddied besides him laugh to annoy Violette.

Harry glared at the boy who was smirking after Violette didn't utter a word. He wanted to punch him or something for saying badly of the Black. Including Cedric who had his arms crossed the entire time when he heard the two fighting verbally.

However, it didn't trigger an anger inside Violette. She just chuckled, "And no wonder everybody hates you. I mean, even your parents hate you. I don't blame them you are annoying and borderline boring."

People who were listening around them stiffled a laugh for Violette who just owned Malfoy. Cedric laughed giving an amused look to Violette. Before Draco could grab his wand from his sleeve, Professor Mcgonagall appeared behind Harry and Violette making him back off with his 'friends'.