"It's Demi. Not to be rude but it's Demi. She's always like this when things go wrong. I'm clearly done with her shit at this point because she really needs to work on that. And if you're actually here to fuck me, I guess I should run." She giggled which made me laugh. "No worries." I reassured her.

"Has she always been like this?" I asked Marissa. "No. It started when Madeline went missing. She changed into a whole different person. It's actually lovable to see that you're slowly bringing back the old Demi. That's a positive thing. I mean, she used to be shitty as well but she always had so many bright and positive vibes with her and these just partly faded away during the several years Madeline wasn't with her. She's a different person now." Marissa said.

"Can't we do anything about that? Like, help her getting back to her old self?" I asked. "I don't think so honey. It's sweet but it's a process and battle Demi needs to go on herself. It might take years... and maybe she won't ever get back to the person she was. I mean, I don't know you that well but you probably aren't the person you were 7 years ago. People change, some for better and some for worse. That's something you can't do much about. Just stick by her side." She told me and I smiled at her as I drank my cup of tea.

"You're pretty good at giving advice and explaining things like this." I said. "Thank God. I didn't become a teacher for nothing." She preached and I just laughed at her. We talked for a while and then it's time to face Demi again.

"Thanks for everything, Marissa." I gave her a hug and then drove back to the hospital.

It didn't take long before I got there.

"Hey." I said as I walked into Madeline's room. "Julie!" Madeline smiled at me so I came over to give her a hug. "I thought you were never coming back because you had a fight with mommy." She pouted. "I told you I'd come back princess. Don't you ever worry about that. I'll always come back for you and for mommy." I told her.

"But why did you leave?" She asked me. "Because sometimes adults have a fight and they need some time away from each other." I explained to her. "Why do adults fight?" She looked at me. "Okay... imagine I'm the sun. When I'm the sun, I get really hot. Sometimes it gets too hot for me and I need to cool down. But what happens when the sun cools down?" I asked her to get her involved. "It's cold!" She said.

"Indeed. It's really cold. But here's the thing, the sun is on it's brightest when it's really hot and shiny, right?" I asked and she just nodded. "So when it gets too hot, the sun can't handle it anymore and then it gets cold. Brrr!" I explained to her. "So mommy's cold now?" She asked. How smart can a kid be? Well this smart.

"A little bit baby girl. But she'll get back to her old self very soon. At night, the sun will be talking to the moon and they'll figure it out together. The sun comes back every day and it'll start shining very bright because it's a new day. New days have new chances." I told her and gave her a kiss on the forehead. "Now get some rest." I softly smiled at her and she nodded.

I stood up to walk out of the room but Demi suddenly stood there. "Hey." I started the conversation. "Thanks for that." She pointed at Madeline and kind of smiled at me. "Can we talk?" I asked her. "Yeah, sure, just a second." She said and gave Madeline the food she bought her.

"Why were you at Marissa's this morning?" She sternly asked as soon as we were outside her room. "I just went over there to talk about last night. I'm worried about you Demi." I explained to her. "If you're worried about me, why did you go to her? You should've come to me." She shrugged. "Because she's your best friend, Demi. She knows you better than you know yourself. And besides that, you absolutely didn't want me anywhere near you or Madeline this morning, so I left." I said and looked at her.

"You shouldn't have left." She suddenly said. "And why's that?" I asked her. "Because I needed you." She whispered. "Then you should've told me that. If every little detail seems as if you don't want me there, I won't be a bother to you anymore. Communicating is key, Demi. You can't expect me to know you in and out already. That's why I went to Marissa's, to get some advice." I explained.

"Did you only get there for advice?" She asked as if I went there for something else. "What do you mean? Yes I did." I rolled my eyes. "Then why are you rolling your eyes at me?" She asked again.

"Jeez Demi. Why on earth are we going to get married if you don't even trust me? Seriously." I sighed. "I trust you, I don't trust Marissa." She simply stated. "Well you should. She's your best friend and she loves you. She didn't cause this accident. It could've happened to everyone. What would you do if it was me instead of Marissa?" I asked her.

"I'd get rid of you." She said which broke my heart into a million pieces. "I'm kidding baby. I'm sorry." She said but it only pissed me off even more.

"I think you owe us a bit more than a simple sorry."

————————————————————————
10/10/20
Vote and comment for more! ❤️