Chapter 16.X5: After the duel

Hipper and Scheer got to the seashore. They saw the German dreadnoughts were moving back to thier original mourings. They could see Seydlitz leave and Derfflinger hugged by other ships

Hipper found out that it was about Derfflinger and Seydlitz

He then angrily called to them
"DERFFLINGER! SEYDLITZ! COME HERE NOW!"

Later

Derfflinger and Seydlitz were asked to come into the German admiralty building. But unbeknownst to Hipper, Beatty, his battlecruisers, Lützow, and Kaiserin also followed, along with V5, Moltke and Von der Tann.

Derfflinger and Seydlitz entered the room where Hipper and Scheer were.

"Sit down." Hipper ordered.

Derfflinger and Seydlitz sat down. Seydlitz glared at Derfflinger, who glared back for a short period.

"What the hell were you doing in there?!" Hipper yelled.

"We were having a duel, Vice-Admiral." Derfflinger replied.

"A duel?!" Hipper gawked. "You know what you two just did was an act of infighting. You two know that we cannot tolerate that! And what is worse, Derfflinger, is that you got my flagship Seydlitz into it

"I was only trying to punish Derfflinger. He knows that his actions are wrong." Seydlitz told Hipper

"Seydlitz!" Scheer hollered. "You known you should have let us do it."

"Guess what!" Hipper sputtered "Now Seydlitz is grounded too and Derfflinger's grounded period is extended. This means that I've got no flagship now."

"You've got SMS Hindenburg." Scheer told Hipper.

"That duel was perfectly justifiable." The voice of Beatty came.

"What the?!" Hipper went.

Soon Beatty and 9 ships came in.

"Beatty." Scheer exclaimed. "What are you doing here?"

"If there is anything you have to know about Derfflinger, it is that he is now in a committed relationship with my half-sister, Queen Mary." Lion informed "He loves her!"

"WHAT!" Hipper and Scheer gawked simultaneously.

"Surely, this is a misunderstanding" The voice of Spee came.

"Who the heck are you?" Tiger asked.

"I'm Maximilian von Spee: commander of the German pacific squadron during the early part of WW1." Spee introduced himself. "I died at the battle of Falklands after 2 of your battlecruisers Invincible and Inflexible took down 2 of my armoured cruisers Scharnhorst and Gneisenau."

"Oh ok." Tiger replied.

Spee turned his attention to Derfflinger and Seydlitz.

"Well, Derfflinger surely loves Queen Mary the same way he loves all other British ships; as a frenemy. Am I right?" Spee said

"No, Spee." Derfflinger replied to Spee's statement. "HMS Lion meant exactly what he said. I'm in a relationship with Queen Mary. In other words, I love her."

Spee's eyes widened in surprise. He sipped his coffee.

"What you've just admitted, Derfflinger, is surprising at the least. It's not punishable in anyway.

"He, Lützow and Kaiserin defected from the High Seas Fleet!" Seydlitz retorted.

"What was all that fuss really all about?" Spee asked.

"We should just scrap him." Hipper mouthed.

"Sorry?!" Lützow went "You want to scrap my brother?"

Queen Mary stopped to look at Hipper and Scheer.

'Did he just say that she would scrap Derfflinger?' She thought.

She stormed to them both.

"Wait. What are you..." Scheer went to say.

Soon Queen Mary picked Hipper and Scheer up by the neck.

"You will not hurt my precious Derfy in any way shape or form. You got that?" Queen Mary growled.

"Who are you to judge?" Hipper asked.

"Im his soulmate!" Queen Mary yelped, before throwing them both at Spee.

"Derfflinger has found his love." Beatty told them. "Accept it, and move on.

Hipper and Scheer looked at Beatty with surprise, but eventually relented.

"Fine!" Hipper sputtered. "Derfflinger, Lützow, Kaiserin and Seydlitz. You are ungrounded."

"Thank you." Kaiserin said.

Queen Mary kissed Derfflinger on his cheek. Seydlitz stormed out to Moltke and Von der Tann.

"And this duel was organised by me. Derfflinger just had to prove that he won't give up anything, especially Queen Mary, just because somebody tells him to." V5 told Hipper and Scheer.

"Everyone!" Scheer yelled. "Out of this room.

Hipper flinched.

"Don't have to ask us twice." Princess Royal replied.

"Exactly." Beatty added, before turning to all others. "That's it everyone, you heard Scheer, let's get out."

And with that. Everyone left The room, except Hipper, Scheer and Spee.

Later

Seydlitz stood there with Moltke and Von der Tann either side of him.

"At least Derfflinger gets what he wants." Moltke said.

"Yeah, This romance has a future." Von der Tann added.

Seydlitz sighed.