Chapter 20.X5: Battle with the Pirates (Part 3)

"Derfflinger!" Queen Mary screamed in panic.

Derfflinger was shot in the arm. He collapsed onto the floor and gripped his arm. He soon glared at his attacker.

The man was rather stout, with a long orangeish beard. He was also wearing a large pirate hat, and was walking on a peg leg on his right leg, and on the left hand was a claw hook. The man had a long, freckled nose, and metaphorically sharp, beady eyes. Some of his teeth were missing. This man was clearly the captain or admiral of the fleet

"Ye aren't blowin' anythin' on me ship. This here been supposed to be a typical gentleman o' fortune mission, yet ye ruined it!" He growled.

"What the hell are you talking about!?" Lützow retorted. "Your illegal activities need to stop right now!"

"No matter. Ye scallywags and scurvy dogs 'ave sabotaged our way o' survival fer years. Either accept us or die." The captain snarled.

Lützow and Kaiserin lunged agressively at the captain. Lützow was about to hit him, but he countered and punched him back. Kaiserin soon jump kicked him down to the ground, knocking the pistol off him.

"You're the one suffering from scurvy." Kaiserin sneered.

Queen Mary held Derfflinger arm and attempted to soothe it.

"Did he hurt you?" She asked.

"I'm fine." Derfflinger replied. "It's just the arm."

The bullet began to ooze off his arm, as he was lifted up by Queen Mary. The captain got up and atermpted to grab his pistol, but Tiger kicked and punched him.

"Argh!" The captain groaned.

"You're not going anywhere." Tiger said. "And now we have you arrested."

Tiger then grabbed the handcuffs that a policeman gave him and put them on the pirate captains arms.

The captain was then knocked put by Lützow. Queen Mary's phone ringed, as the pirates was soon beginning to be surrounded by smoke.

"Queen Mary, Derfflinger, Kaiserin, Lützow and Tiger." The voice of Beatty called through the phone. "You may need to retreat. There's no need to battle now. The pirates have fled."

"Ok." Queen Mary responded and hid her phone. "It's  time to go."

More pirates soon appeared. But then,  the Queen Mary, Derfflinger, Kaiserin, Lützow and Tiger saw their ships steaming towards them at an angle. They shot the pirates off and escaped with the pirate captain.

They got on their ships, which trianed their guns on the pirate battleship. Soon Dreadnought spotted 3 plumes of smoke. These plumes of smoke soon turned out to be the Bellerophon class dreadnoughts, escorted by German u-boats. Some pirates ships still resisted, but Bellerophon, Superb and Temeraire soon fired their guns on the pirates, with the u-boats firing their torpedoes. Queen Mary, Derfflinger, Kaiserin, Lützow and Tiger have all fired their guns at the hapless pirate battleship, ignitng a bunch of magazines and sealing it's fate.

The last fleet to join the fray was Chatfield fleet, with the 3rd Battlecruiser Squadron and 5th Battle Squadron. Lion's still damaged bridge has been patched up somewhat.

"Sorry were late." Lion called. "Did we miss something?"

"You missed a lot." Beatty replied. "Thank God you came, though."

Lion then sailed beside his half-sister, so that Beatty could be transfered from her to him. Beatty jumped from one ship to another, gracefully landing on the Lion.

"You're finally back on your flagship." Chatfield told Beatty. 

"I am" Beatty replied. "Let's go home."

"Agreed." Lion said.

In the end, The Grand Fleet did not have to engage. Beatty's force barely lost a single ship, while annihilating almost the entire pirate fleet, with only 3 or 4 ships surviving.

The convoy approached the Dreadnought, and he turned to them.

"You don't need me to escort you anymore." Dreadnought said.

"Really?" The SS Atlantic asked.

"The pirate threat has been eliminated." Dreadnought reassured them. "You're safe."

"Thanks." The SS Britannic thanked, before turning to the convoy. "Let's go."

The convoy soon set off on it's journey to the Baltic ports. Dreadnought glanced over at the Bellerophon.

"Should we go?" Bellerophon asked.

The Fleet soon set off to Scapa Flow for repairs. Queen Mary and Derfflinger would sail side by side and Tiger and Kaiserin did the same.

The news of the battle reached Scapa Flow just minutes after concluding, because Beatty filmed it all.

When the fleet reached Scapa Flow, were met with celebratory behaviour, and the Dreadnought and Bellerophon class were met with care and worry, but all ships were glad they made it back.

When the news reached Wilhelmshaven, Hipper and Scheer congratulated the British in their victory over the pirates.