Chapter 10: Beatty and Queen Mary

HMS Lion arrived a bit late to see what happened. On him was his admiral, Sir David Beatty. Lion sailed to Rosyth and to Queen Mary's berth. When he here, he docked at his berth. David Beatty and lion's naval warrior form disembarked and made their way to Queen Mary.

They made their way up her and started traversing her deck. Moments later they found a little hut on her aft tower. They entered.

Queen Mary was watching a video while eating chocolates Derfflinger gave to her a few days ago. Despite that time, she didn't let any go to waste.

Lion took a few steps to his half-sister as Beatty lagged behind.

"Queen Mary." He called.

"Yes Lion, my half-brother." Queen Mary replied.

"Sir David Beatty is here." Lion let her know. "And he'd like to have a few words with you."

Queen Mary's eyes widened as Beatty entered the hut. She turned the video off and looked at him as he sat in a chair next to her.

"Queen Mary." Beatty said. "I know that you are sad by the fact thay your relationship with Derfflinger is being exposed, and Britain and Germany are still technically rivals despite the current times."

Queen Mary released a soft sigh.

"But surprisingly, I'm not mad at you." Beatty told her.

"What?" Queen Mary replied.

"In fact, I like how you actually found love somewhere other than the Royal Navy." Beatty let her know. "I embrace that you have found some other meaning to your life. But I wasn't sure if a German ship is the one, at least until I came here."

"Ok, Explain." Queen Mary simply responded.

"Listen, when I was introduced to the concept of love between rivals in the 1980s, take your relationship with Derfflinger, I was skeptical." Beatty explained. "But now that I saw that this the 21st century and nowadays, things of different nationalities or factions, I totally see your relationship with Derfflinger being true. But to contextualise, you may need to tell me what Derfflinger is like."

Queen Mary gasped, blushing.

"Ok." Queen Mary began "So I imagined Derfflinger as being handsome, sweet, charming and beautiful."

"Ok" Beatty said. "Please continue."

"When we hang out, He was a bit soothing. I said to him about our respective navies disposing us. He has a plan. We also chatted a bit. He was understanding." Queen Mary continued. "And then I confessed to him, we kissed and he gave me this box of chocolates."

Beatty smiled warmly at Queen Mary for a bit.

"Well, I fully support your relationship with Derfflinger" he said "However, I do advise you to be careful take into account that he is German, and you don't know what his true intetions are. As we get to know him, I also advise that you dont go too far into you relationship with Derfflinger. We could tell the Royal Navy when you're ready."

"Yeah but I'm also worried for him." Queen Mary told him. "If he were to reveal that some ships may be understanding, but others not."

"I'm sure he'll be fine" Beatty insisted. "Look I support this relationship, and so does Jellicoe. So let's make this clear: You do you."

Queen Mary gasped in relief. But she then went to ask a question

"One thing. I thought that when you and the Royal Navy find out, you're going to disown and scrap me, will that happen?"

"What? No. Of course not." Beatty replied, scoffing at the absurdity of this. "In fact, scrapping you is the last thing we would ever want to do."

Beatty the gave Queen Mary a hug.

"Thanks, Beatty" She said

******

Lion watched Beatty talk to Queen Mary from his position. Soon Princess Royal and Tiger walked in. And tw others peaked in, The HMS New Zealand and HMS Indefatigable.

"Yay! Beatty came!" Tiger bellowed

"Beatty came to talk to Queen Mary, I see." Princess Royal noticed.

"He did." Lion said. "Let's just see what happens."

The 5 other ships saw Beatty hug Queen Mary.

"Come join" Beatty told them, in a warm tone.

The 3 or rather 5 battlecruisers then joined the hug.

"Group Hug!" Tiger hollered

New Zealand and Indefatigable came up to the group hug.

"I am confused. What is this drama about?" Indefatigable asked.

Beatty, Lion, Princess Royal and Tiger got up and revealed Queen Mary.

"I may need to tell you something." Queen Mary told the two other battlecruisers "I'm in love with Derfflinger. Let's hope we and him can get along."

"Woah" the two other battlecruisers went.

"That's cool." New Zealand replied, before chuckling nervously.

"What?! This is crazy." Indefatigable shrieked. "Derfflinger is a German ship. How co-"

But before Indefatigable could finish his sentence, Lion cut him off.

"21st century." Lion chimed.

"You see." Beatty exclaimed "This is what the Royal Navy is: Family. And family members embrace one another.

"Can we have another group hug?" Tiger asked.

And soon, all 6 of Beatty's ships hugged him.

And after a few minutes they went back to their own business