Chapter 5.5: Another talk

Queen Mary sailed peacefully home. She spent her journey thinking about Derfflinger. She was escorted by a trawler, who found her sailing peacfully.

Suddenly, a plume of smoke appears on the horizon. Queen Mary made her eyes widen, not wanting to know who it was. She took a left turn wanting to avoid who ever it was.

"Queen Mary!" A voice bellowed. "You get back here right now!"

"Oh crap!" The trawler remarked. "This cannot end well."

Suddenly, a ship revealed itself from the horizon. This was the HMS Lion, Queen Mary's half-brother. Queen Mary gasped as her eyes widened. How did her half-brother know about this.

'This can't be real.' She thought.

She sped up to her maximum speed, trying to avoid the Lion. Meanwhile the trawler took the opportunity to leave the area.

"Queen Mary!" Lion boomed.

"What is it?!" Queen Mary sulked.

"You know exactly what you are doing, half-sister." Lion said, visibly angry.

"Blighty!" Queen Mary muttered.

She has never shown such disrespect before. Lion was steaming towards her. The ships were only 300 metres apart, when Queen Mary said 'blighty'. She manoeuvred away from her half-brother.

"Don't turn your back on me, young lady!" Lion boomed.

Queen Mary figured that someone must have told Lion about it. So she made her way to St Andrews. Lion followed her.

They steamed like this for a few minutes, until Queen Mary saw Tiger crying.

"Tiger." She said, with a depressed tone.

She sailed to him as fast as she could. Eventually, she docked beside him. And Lion and another battlecruiser, HMS Princess Royal, docked beside them.

"What is wrong, Tiger?" Queen Mary asked.

"I'm sorry." Tiger sobbed. "I didn't want to. I..."

"Shh, Everything's fine." Queen Mary soothed.

And everything was alright. At least for Tiger. For Queen Mary, it was a different story.

"Queen Mary, we have to talk!" Lion bellowed.

"What is it about?" Queen Mary mumbled.

"Tiger said you were with a German battlecruiser." Lion let Queen Mary know.

"What" She gawked, before trying to deny the allegations. "No. No. How could I?"

This made Lion slightly more irritated, as it was clear that Queen Mary was making a fool out of herself.

"Queen Mary, I know there is something going on between you and him." He insisted. "I would be less angry if you would just admit to that."

"I just love a lot of different things." Queen Mary spat. "Just wait and I'll grow out of him."

"Queen Mary, don't you dare answer back at me!" Lion barked.

"Lion, please." Queen Mary sassed.

"Queen Mary." Princess Royal stepped in. "You do realise Lion is vice admiral Sir David Beatty's flagship, don't you? All of this drama could be avoided if you just told him the truth."

Queen Mary made a sigh. She couldn't just make another excuse, because that would just not work. So she gave up.

"It's true." She spat out. "His name is Derfflinger and he is my boyfriend."

Lion's eyes widened. He didn't think that one of the British battlecruisers would be in love with a German battlecruiser. But relaxed soon. Queen Mary eventually began to tear up.

"Queen Mary, listen to me." Lion explained "You do realise that your mate Derfflinger is German. And Germany is our rival. Times may change. But the truth is that British ships and German ships don't usually mix. Plus you could never know who he is."

"I know" Queen Mary sobbed, now having Tiger to calm 'her' down.

"Shh, It's okay." Tiger soothed.

"Look" Lion insisted "I will contact the Grand Fleet and the Admiralty about this and we'll see what they think. Until then, you're grounded."

"Okay" Queen Mary sobbed.

"Princess Royal!" Lion called.

"Yes, big brother." Princess Royal replied.

"Take Queen Mary and Tiger to their berths. I'll contact the Admiralty." Lion instructed.

Princess Royal nodded.

"Let's get you guys home." She cooed.

She led Queen Mary and Tiger back to their berths in Rosyth. The other two would sail by each other.

Lion meanwhile sailed to Scapa Flow to contact the Grand Fleet and the Admiralty about Queen Mary's and Derfflinger's relationship.