14.The Regatti Family.

Hey guys. I'm very bored today. So I will update 2 chapters..😃😃😃

Victor's POV:

Recap:  I turned around and saw Desiree was looking at me with hope in her eyes. I smiled and nodded, "You too, Dolcezza(Sweetie)" She smiled and nodded. I got into the car and drove to the warehouse.

Now:

"Buongiorno capo.(Good morning, Boss.)" Simon who was sitting in the lobby greeted. "Buongiorno Simon." I said.

"Ebbene, dov'è quello stronzo.(Well, Where is that fucker?)." I asked, my voice was growing hoarse. "Da questa parte, capo.(This way, Boss)" he said. We walked down the hallway and entered the cell.

Joseph Regatti or Joseph Collins as he said was sitting on the chair his hands restrained by chains. My vision turned red. I nodded at Simon, he released the restrained and now Regatti was kneeling in front of me. I moved a plush chair and sat infront of him.

"How are you feeling, Mr.Collins?" I said in a mocking tone. His breathing was ragged and he looked pale. Do I have sympathy? Of course, not. I turned around to my right side where the table was placed with all the weapons in it.

I took out a knife and cut off his restraints. Simon slowly lift him and made him sit on the chair. "Do you know what you have done?" I asked. He was not answering and my rage was increasing. "You tried to attack the Italian Mafia's Princess." He was still not answering. I took the knife and stabbed his hand harshly. He shreaked out in pain.  "I'M SORRY. I SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT. I'M SORRY" he yelled. It was like a music to my ears. "Shove you sorry in a trashcan. She is my princess. How can you do it? I'm still talking to you cause nothing happened to my sister." I said fuming. "I was being loyal to my boss." He said.

"Loyal, huh. Loyalty means nothing to the American Mafia." I spat. "Now. Now. I'm gonna kill you very very softly. Would you like that?" I said smiling dangerously. "No, please. I have a wife and daughter. Please leave me. I will never come in your way again. Please." He begged.  "No one can do that. You should have thought about your wife and daughter before laying your hands on my sister, you bloody freek" I said and stabbed another knife on his hands.

......

Regatti was panting and blood was oozing out of his body. I cleaned my hands with water and the blood from my hands were running down. He lay there unconscious.

I went out to the lobby where Simon was reading newspaper. "Simon, porta sua moglie e sua figlia ad incontrarlo. Ma assicurati che non lo vedano. Compra un grazioso appartamento per loro. Offri alla signora Regatti un buon lavoro nella nostra azienda. E assicurati che le spese di istruzione di sua figlia siano coperte fino a quando non finisce l'università e trova un lavoro.(Simon, take his wife and daughter to meet him. But make sure they don't see him. Buy a nice apartment for them. Offer Mrs. Regatti a good job in our company. And make sure her daughter's education expenses are covered until she finishes college and gets a job.)" I said in a monotone voice and he nodded.

"Uccidilo dopo aver visto sua moglie e sua figlia.(Kill him after he see his wife and daughter.)" I said and left the warehouse.

My phone rang and I picked it up only to see Melissa is calling me.  "Hi. How is the holiday?"  I asked. "Baby, I miss you. I want to come quickly but I can't." She whined while I sighed in relief. "Melissa. I'm on a important work. I'll talk to you later." I said. "Okay, baby. I love you" she said and I hung up.

My phone rang again and frustratedly picked again and it was Simon now. "Capo, temo che debba venire a casa di Regatti.(Boss, I'm afraid you have to come to the Regatti's house.)" He said and his voice was panicked.

I hung and quickly turned the car and went to his house. I entered the house and Simon was standing in the doorway. "Capo, la signora Regatti si è suicidata.(Boss, Mrs.Regatti committed suicide.)" He said. God. Women these days. "Deve averlo amato teneramente.(She must have loved him dearly.)" He said again.

"Dov'è la loro figlia?(Where is their daughter?)" I asked. Simon gestured his hands towards a room. A 7 months old girl was lying on the crib. She smiled instantly as she saw me. I smiled down at her and picked her up.

"Cosa dovremmo fare adesso, Simon?(What should we do now, Simon?)" I asked as softly I rubbed the baby's back.

"Posso chiederle una cosa, signore?(Can I ask you something, Sir?)" He asked hesitantly. I nodded my head.

"Posso ... Posso adottare la ragazza, signore?(Can I... Can I adopt the girl, Sir?)" He asked. I was shocked. Why would he like to adopt a girl.

"Che cosa?(What?)" I questioned him. He sighed and answered.

"Mia moglie ed io stiamo cercando di concepire da 7 anni ormai. Ma non c'è speranza per questo. Amo questa ragazza, signore.(My wife and I are trying to conceive for 7 years now. But there is no hope for it. And I love this girl, Sir.)" He finished and a single tear escaped his eyes. I went near him and put my arms around his shoulder.

With a small smile on my face I said, "Simon, credo che sarai un buon padre.(Simon, I believe you will make a good father.)" He looked up to see me.

"Tieni, prendi tua figlia.(Here, Take your daughter.)" I gave the little girl to him. He took her from my arms and hugged her close to his chest.

We left the house. I was driving and Simon was sitting in the passenger seat with the sleeping baby in his arms.

I stopped infront of Simon's house. It was already midnight due to the 6 hours travel from New York to Simon's village.

His wife opened the door and saw me first. Her face was filled with panic and tears brimmed her eyes. "Now. Now. Leena. You should not cry. I brought you a surprise." I said. "Is my husband okay?" She said her voice cracking.

"I'm fine, honey. Here look" Simon said behind me. She looked behind me and a smile stretched her face. She placed a hand on my chest and moved me and ran to her husband.

"Leena. Meet our daughter." He said as he placed the baby on her hands. She smiled at the baby and said, "Hi. Baby"

An involuntary smile came to my face. I chuckled. "So what are you gonna name her?" I asked. "Selena Carter." Simon answered  and nodded and left the happy family to be themselves. "Simon, prenditi 2 settimane di ferie.(Simon, take 2 weeks off.)" O said and hoped onto the driver's seat. "Grazie Signore.(Thank you,sir)" he said. I nodded and drove out.

.......

Wordcount: 1183