Chapter 39 : End of Line

Off closes his eyes and tightened his grip on the wheel chair's arm rests. He remembers now. He remembers the unbearable pain and immeasurable fear.

"Nooo!", he screamed which startled Newwiee and the other people nearby.

He is panting heavily then buried his face on his palms, trying to make sense of the reality.

"What's wrong, P? Is anything hurting? Your wounds? Your bruises?", New asked in panic, searching which part of his elder brother's body is hurting. He kneeled in front of his brother, wanting to get his attention.

Off began to understand why they are avoiding the topic about Gun. He slowly looked up, gazing at New.

Though he is afraid to hear the answer to the question he's about to ask, still he has to know the truth.

"Tell me, where is he?", he asked his younger brother.

New was taken aback, gazing back at his P'Off's eyes. Making sure that his brother is asking about the person he already know.

"Do you remember him now?", the bulky man asked his brother.

Off grabbed Newwie's collar, pulling him close, only inches away from his face asking in between his gritting teeth and his sharp gaze.

"Where is Gun? Tell me now.", he repeated with emphasis.

New gently held his brother's hand, trying to calm him down. Loosening the grip of his P'Off's hold. He then stood up then gently pushed his brother's wheel chair going to the seemingly the longest hallway, passing by different rooms until they reached the farthest end.

They saw Tay and Singto standing in front of a room which has a huge glass window where they watches a small man looking so fragile, strapped in various kinds of life preserving machines. The two glances at the siblings with sympathy.

New slowly turned the wheel chair to the side to show him Gun whose now battling for his life.

Off's heart sank, feeling weak at the sight of his beloved man's condition. New held his brother's shoulders, giving him strength while Tay comes closer to his partner rubbing the bulky lad's back.

 New held his brother's shoulders, giving him strength while Tay comes closer to his partner rubbing the bulky lad's back

"He has not woken up yet.", New uttered.

"He might be waiting for you.",Tay said, glancing at his friend.

Singto opened the door to the intensive care unit so Off can enter.

"Be strong for him.", Singto uttered, gently pressing Off's shoulder as he passes by him.

New slowly pushed the wheelchair into the room and stopped beside Gun's bed.

"Please leave us alone. I want to stay beside him.", the older lad asked while his gaze is fixated on his partner's pitiful condition.