Chapter 38 : Blocked

A few days more have passed. Off is slowly recovering. Though he became unusually silent and is always staring into a blank space.

He hasn't regained his memory yet. Especially the night the accident happened. He usually dreams about it but the face of the person he was with that night is still blurry in his memory.

"Based on our observation, he has a selective amnesia. It sometimes happens when the patient goes through a traumatic event. It is somehow the brain's instict to block out a very painful memory. It is still uncertain when his memory will finally recover. But as much as possible, I would suggest that you just surround him with positivity and slowly introduce him to the things he usually do or the people he is close with before.", the doctor explained to Off amd New's parents. They are watching the siblings, strolling at the hospital's lobby.

Newwiee is accompanying his P'Off, pushing him in a wheel chair. They are just strolling around because the older lad seemed bored in his private room.

"What happened to that man?", Off suddenly asked out of the blue.

"Who?", New asked although he already understands who his P' is asking about.

"That person who keeps showing in my dreams?", he asked.

"Don't you remember his name?", Newwiee asked back, feeling heavy in his chest.

"I don't know his name. He isn't showing his face too.", Off replied, emotionless.

"Then maybe it's better to not talk about him..", the younger lad replied.

"Why wouldn't you tell me who he is?", he insisted, more like being curious rather than interested.

Newwiee sighed, lost for words. He doesn't know how to tell his P'. He doesn't know how he would take it.

"Let's talk about him when you are fully healed. Or when you can remember him.", Newwiee answered instead.

"Though I hope you remember him soon.. Cause what you two have are beautiful memories.", he thought to himself.

Off went silent and stopped asking. He can sense that nobody will answer his quiries.

A female patient passes by them, with her phone loudly playing a song which sent spikes to his heart

"There are some words I have kept inside quietly.. Waiting for the day I could say those words out.. For you to hear it.. I'm still trying.. I have been trying to do everything for a long time to pass it on to you.."

A scene where he was holding someone's hand while singing to that song on stage suddenly flashes back in his head.

"Do you ever feel it? Can you hear it? The loud voice inside that's shouting I love you?"

A man with a beautiful face is warmly smiling at him, holding his hand, and staring fondly at him while they were singing on stage, performing in front of a huge crowd. He can see him clearly now and it hurts so much to remember.

The night they were rushed to the hospital, he remembers now

Gun was in the hospital bed being assisted by a set of doctors and nurses.

Off was being assisted by a bunch of doctors and nurses too but in his glitching consciousness, his eyes are set on his beloved man who looks unconscious and lifeless on the other side.

He heard a pulse monitor beeping slowly and unsteadily.

Blood are all over their body, he wasn't sure where it was coming from. His only fear is losing his little Gun.

He isn't a pious person but at that very moment, even in his half conscious state, he is solemnly praying for Gun to survive.

"Please, God.. Take me instead if you needed someone to take home. Please.. Let him live..", he murmured as his sight grew dim again.

Then suddenly, a continues and faster beeping sounds echoed in the room which sent chills to his spine.

"His heart rate is dropping! Get the defibrillator ready!", he heard one of the doctors shouting, their voices are echoing in the emergency room.

"Clear!", the doctor shouted.

He heard them counting then a sound of an electric shock after.

Off is becoming even more weak upon listening to the chaos and the fear of what is going to happen next.

Just then he heard a long, seemingly endless beeping sound which indicates that a life is lost.

"Nooo!!!", he screamed just as his consciousness completely fades out.