Chapter 22 : One Sided

He heard a loud sound of banging drums. It doesn't create a melody but just a chaotic noise. He entered the room where the sound is coming from and saw the tall handsome young lad, wrecklessly striking on the drums and cymbals in his huge music studio.

Win is wearing a headphone and seemed to be engrossed in making loud noises thus he didn't notice that Krist has already gotten near him.

He was startled at the sudden pat on his shoulder and instantly looked up to see who disturbed his 'jam'.

He is slightly panting while gaping at his P'.

"Oi, P'! You scared me.", he said, holding his chest.

Krist scoffed at his junior's reaction, smirking.

"I scared you? I think the housemaids are scared of your 'music'.", he retorted, emphasizing the last word in his sentence.

Win smiled shyly, looking embarrassed.

"Come on, P'.. You know I'm not skilled in music. That's why I asked for your help.", he answered, pouting.

"Silly.", Krist replied, sitting down on one of the stools facing Win.

"It's not that you are not skilled. It's the interest.", Krist replied, looking amused.

"Eh? How can I not be interested? I've been watching and following you and... P'Bai for years now.", he protested, feeling hesitant at mentioning Bright's name.

"Nope. You weren't interested in music. You were interested in the musician. You can watch and listen to us all your life but you will never learn to play music if it isn't in your heart.", Krist replied, grinning.

"Hmm? But I have memorized some songs.", the junior tried to justify himself.

"Yes. Because it interests you. But interest in music is not all that there is. You also have to love it. Feel it within yourself. Music doesn't come out as you expect if you don't feel it in your heart. Sounds cheesy but.. For me, music comes out beautifully when you sing it or play it from your heart.", he explained further.

"Noted.", Win replied, giving Krist a huge smile.

"Okay. Let's see if you can sing this one now.", Krist uttered, preparing for their music lesson. He has been secretly coaching Win for a couple of weeks now.

Two weeks ago, while he was on a rehearsal, Win suddenly showed up at the studio in GNN

"Hey, Phi..", Win greeted him with a forced smile.

"Oh. Nong Win.. 'Zup?", he asked, wiping the sweats off his forehead with a clean face towel.

"You still busy?", the handsome younger lad asked his senior.