Chapter 23 : Questions

Just as Krist went out of the room, he saw the familiar person who was watching him and Win earlier. The person is leaning against the wall in the hallway, seemingly contemplating.

"Hey, bro! What are you doing out here? Why didn't you get in?", Krist called out to the handsome young lad who is just 1 year older than Win.

"Hey, P'Krist. You two seemed talking seriously. I didn't want to intrude.", Bright answered politely.

"Ah. Not really. Nong Win just asked for my opinion on something.", he replied, feeling reluctant. He didn't know if Bright saw Win practicing his singing.

"How long have you been here?", the senior asked, wanting to make sure what Bright had seen.

"I just arrived. I was about to get in the studio right away as usual but.. I decided to peek in first to make sure nobody is in there.", Bright answered.

They are already at home in Win's personal music studio since they have been hanging out in that place even before they have been launched as artists. Win always reminds them to feel at home and use the area anytime they want.

"I see. Well.. I'm going home now. Win is inside the studio. You two can keep each other's company.", he said, bidding goodbye, patting Bright on his shoulder as he passes by him.

"Uhm.. P'..", the young lad called Krist which made the latter turn around.

"Hmm?", he asked, creasing his forehead.

"Is there something I should know about Win?", Bright asked, looking bashful and worried.

"I'm not in the position to say anything.. But if you wanna know, why not try to ask him?", Krist answered.

"I already did. But he wouldn't tell me. I can feel he is avoiding me. If not for our work, he wouldn't talk to me like he used to. Maybe.. Maybe he mentioned something I did which offended him?", Bright answered, feeling doubtful himself.

"You really have to talk it out with him, bro.", Krist replied, shaking his head.

Bright rubbed his nape, looking frustrated but nodded at his P' anyway.

"Kay.. Safe driving P'..", he just said, bidding goodbye to Krist.

Bright then glances at the room where his junior is in.

He was hesitant to go in this place since he feels that Win doesn't welcome him anymore. He is already thinking of an excuse, in case Win asks him what he is doing in the studio.

"Aish! This is not a good idea. I should just talk to him some other time.", he thought to himself then turns to leave instead.

", he thought to himself then turns to leave instead

"Oi, P'Bai.. What are you doing out here?", Win suddenly got out and called his attention.

"H-hello, Nong! I was just.. Uhm.. I'm just going for a jog.", he stuttered while thinking for an excuse as he was startled at Win's sudden appearance.

"Jog? To the studio?", Win asked, looking puzzled.

"Y-yeah. No. Uhm.. I was jogging then I remembered I need to practice a song for our next fanmeet.", he answered, feeling like an idiot for his lame excuse.

"Ah. Okay. Then I'll leave you to it. You know where to find me if anything.", Win answered, turning to leave.

"Yeah. Sure.", Bright answered awkwardly.

He wants to talk more but he doesn't know how to stop the latter from leaving. He is used to Win always following him around and volunteering to accompany him every time. He is starting to feel unwelcomed and disheartened at Win's actions around him.

"Why are you doing this?", he unconsciously asked out loud, which made Win stop walking away.

He turned around, looking at Bright with a blank expression.

"Oops..", he thought to himself.

"Why do you care?", Win asked him with a hint of sarcasm.

"Why do I care?", Bright suddenly felt annoyed at Win's tone of speech.

"Are you for real?! Are you seriously asking me why do I care?!", he continued, walking closer to Win, feeling intense.

"Is this why you're avoiding me? Because you think I don't care about you?! You are my brother! You are my partner! You are my friend! Why wouldn't I car--", his speech was suddenly interrupted as his lips were sealed by Win's lips.

His eyes widened in surprise. Win has locked his head by holding firmly onto his nape pulling him closer and kissing him deeper.

"What the fuck?! What is going on?!", he exclaimed in his mind.

Win is taller than him, also more fit than him thus his Nong is stronger

Win is taller than him, also more fit than him thus his Nong is stronger. But it's out of the question. He himself can't move not because Win is using strength or anything. He just couldn't move in astonishment. They have kissed in the series before but this... What is this?!

Before Bright could regain his composure, Win had already let him go.

"Now.. You have a reason to stay away from me.",Win uttered then turns away.

"I'm a despicable person.", he followed up as he walks away, leaving Bright astonished and confused.