Chapter 18 : Helpless

His forehead, his neck, his chest are all soaked in sweat. He wiped the liquid away which was dripping down his temple with the back of his palm.

They just finished filming their show 'BrightWin Inbox' where they played different kinds of sports with a little twist to make it look fun. As soon as the director said 'cut', Win rushed to his tent to change his wet jersey into a clean white shirt. His personal assistant handed him a bottle of water to parch his thirst and a towel to dry his face.

Bright is beginning to wonder why Win seemed aloof and distant nowadays. He followed his Nong to the tent to change his jersey as well, preparing to pack up.

"You alright, bro?", he asked Win when he entered and saw the latter changing his clothes.

The usually jolly guy just nodded at him, smiling timidly. He didn't even bother to really look at Bright in the eyes which made the senior feel iffy.

"Can we talk?", he asked, glancing at the other people in the tent, giving me them the look as if telling them to leave for a moment.

Win's assistant and the other crew went out of the tent, leaving the two. Bright then faces Win, looking serious.

"Have I offended you?", he asked, putting one of his hand on his hips.

Win ignored his P' and continued packing his things.

"No. Why would you think that?", he responded, still continuing on what he is doing, feeling uneasy at the atmosphere.

"Why don't you look at me when talking?", the senior, asked starting to feel annoyed.

"I'm just tired, P'..", he responded, slowly turning around to face his partner.

"Are you sure?", Bright asked once more, catching Win's gaze.

"Hmm..", Win nodded, avoiding his P's gaze.

"Why do I feel like you're hiding something from me?", Bright asked, creasing his forehead, still trying to understand why his partner became awfully quiet towards him lately.

He is used to Win's quirkiness and his being thoughtful towards him. He is usually talkative and always makes everyone around them laugh. But the latter suddenly became quiet and aloof. Win seems in a rush to go home as soon as the activities are done. He hasn't asked him to get a meal or play soccer together after their shows anymore.

"Why would I hide something from you? You're thinking too much, P'Bai..", Win uttered, forcing a smile as he glances his partner.

Bright cups Win's face to catch his gaze cause the latter keeps avoiding it.

"Hey, little bunny.. If you're sulking, tell me, okay? I'm not that good in reading other people's mind.", he said while gazing at his Nong's face.

Win began to feel flustered so he unconsciously pushed Bright's hands away, almost slapping it, turning his face away.

"Ouch!", Bright blurted out, holding his hand which was slapped by Win.

Win automatically turned to look at his P', feeling guilty at what he did.

"Sorry, P'.", he unconsciously uttered, checking his partner's hand.

Bright chuckled, looking at his reaction.

"Just kidding.", he said, pacifying himself not to laugh out loud.

"Jerk!", Win uttered, turning around to walk out.

Bright grabbed partner's arm to stop him.

"Sorry..", he uttered, gazing at Win's back.

"I just want my Nong back.", Bright continued, sounding serious.

Win pulled his arm back from Bright's hold.

"I'm still here, P'. Your brother and your friend..", the handsome tall guy responded glancing at his partner, frozen at where he was standing, his knees weakened.

The last sentence he uttered sent spikes into his heart, his eyes began to well up.

Bright noticed his partner's lonely gaze.

"Oi.. Tell me, what's bugging you.. This isn't you.", he uttered, walking over to comfort his Nong.

Win smiled bitterly, his tears fell down uncontrollably.

"Fuck! Why is it so hard to let you go?", he thought to himself.

He bit his lip to suppress his sobs which only made Bright worry even more. He unconsciously hugged Win in his efforts to comfort him.

"I'm here, you know? You can tell me anything.", he uttered, trying to get Win open up to understand him better and comfort his Nong.

Win tried to collect himself as he slowly pushed his partner away, shaking his head.

"I'm helpless, P'.. Just leave me alone. Thank you for trying..", he uttered, putting on a brave face.

He turned away and left, leaving his P'Bright puzzled and worrying.

"What's wrong with you, little bunny? Why can't you tell me?"