chapter twenty-three

Start from the beginning

"Fine, Fine." He patted her arm away. "I'll ask someone cool, someone I like."

"Exactly," Hermione smiled before saying. "Like Tala, that's why I brought you to her in the first place."

      "Would you like to go?" Harry turned to me, a little flustered and asked. "With me — as friends, of course."

      "Uh," I stuttered, not expecting that. "I have a date already, sorry." I lied as he nodded, before suggesting hopefully. "How about someone cool and someone you like, like Luna?"

"Yeah," Harry smiled to himself. "Like Luna."

He then left Hermione and I by ourselves in the library, looking chipper than usual.

How cute.

"Who are you going with, then?" Hermione turned to me, a little bitter for not telling her as she handed back my book.

"I'm going stag, I just said I had a date because Luna has a little thing for Harry," I explained. "But I was thinking of asking Malfoy to the--"

She took the book from my hand again and hit me on the head with it this time.

"Malfoy!" She yelled in a hoarse whisper, not believing me.

Don't say his name so loud!

Ugh, for being so smart Hermione can be a ditz!

"I'm not! But why would it be so wrong if I did?" I asked her while I scratched the bump that was forming on my head. "Just as friends, he seems lonely."

"I know you've only been here for a few months, but he's the worst!" Hermione scolded me.

      Oh trust me, I know.

"Oh! Don't you think I know that?" I hissed at her.

"Besides, it was just a silly little thought." I add, reassuring her.

      Ah, look at me crushing — how cute.

——————————— ✩———————————

"Why am I always bumping into you?" I sighed.

I sat next to Draco on the frozen grass as he flinched and turned to me at the sound of my footsteps, snapping out of his trance as he watched the stars alone.

It was the same spot I first took him stargazing at, on the side of a hill and near a well at the Black Lake.

It was the first night in a while where snow wasn't falling, the perfect time to sneak out to the Black Lake and watch the crowded sky sparkle brightly.

He didn't answer me and kept being distant, ignoring my presence even though we were only sitting less than a foot away from each other.

I brought two blankets so I could sit on one while I wrapped the other around myself. But I kept holding them as I studied Draco, who was shaking a little bit in his pajamas.

      Groan, I'm so gonna regret this.

"Stand up," I ordered him.

Draco scrunched his face to me, finally acknowledging me without saying a word. Losing patience, I forcefully pulled him up and struggled, his stubbornness weighing him down. But after a minute, he gave in and followed my instructions.

He looked at me with a puzzled face as he watched me lay the blanket onto the frozen ground gently. And as I sat on it, I patted the space next to me for him to sit. He only blinked at me, still confused.