chapter five

Tala. 607 days before the Battle of Hogwarts.

      I had the weirdest dream last night.

      Something about being a witch and going back in time to save some blonde kid by using his journal. Then everyone was suddenly British and I started seeing ghosts, talking pictures, and people casting spells with sticks.

      I yawned and rolled over, releasing strange sounds as I stretched my body across the bed. My whole body was sore, like someone had thrown it around like a ragdoll. My arms were hurting the most, I must've forgotten to wrap them up with bandages again.

      I opened my eyes to see that I was laying in a four-poster bed with green sheets.

Um, come again?

I don't own a four poster bed. I definitely do not own green bed sheets — it's tacky!

      The top half of my body shot straight up and sat on the bed. The three girls from last night were gone, leaving me alone in the room.

      "No, no, no." I repeated as I put my fingers to my temple. "You're kidding."

      Getting up, I noticed a trunk with a tag that had my name at the foot of the bed. I picked it up and it weighed like there were dozens of bricks in it.

      Inside were clothes that were my size, toiletries and cosmetics that I usually used, and a robe with the Slytherin crest on it. There was also a long but thin box with a note on top that I picked up to read.

      I've provided you with objects that you'll need this following year or so. I'm happy to say that I've had your precious 'Walkman' repaired. In the box, you'll find a wand-not a stick, and it has very little magic in it. Usually given to children as training wands. If my theory is right, perhaps we'll advance you.

      Your first class today will be Potions with Professor Slughorn, the Malfoy boy will be there. After that, please see me in my office so we can discuss the rest of your curriculum. So, do hurry.

      Oh, and Miss Blackwell, please watch your step after exiting the common rooms.

              -A. Dumbledore

    This guy gave me a wand and it's a kiddy wand?

    I sighed at that, taking everything out of the trunk. It just kept going and going, like it had endless space inside.

      Underneath the piles of clothes, I saw my walkman. A grin formed on my face as I put the headset on and my mind started to clear up after listening to music.

      "I can hella do this," I convinced myself.

      I found the showers, and as the steaming water ran across the scars on my body, I studied the shampoo bottle that I was so familiar with. It was weird, Dumbledore even got me the exact scent I used.

      How did he even know?

Also, that's kinda creepy if you ask me.

      I remembered my theory from last night. That since today is now September 2, 1996, the writings Draco wrote for today should show up too.

      I walked back into the dormitories wrapped in a green towel with my toothbrush still in my mouth, my hair dripping with every step I took. The journal was still tucked under the mattress and as I took it and I flipped through mostly empty pages, I smiled to myself, causing some toothpaste to escape my lips.