chapter twenty-three

Tala. 499 days before the Battle of Hogwarts.

I was relaxing in the library for the first time after two long weeks of tiring myself out. I forgot how life was like before I could do any magic. My wand was still broken and I wasn't sure when I was gonna get it fixed.

Pansy took the opportunity by picking on me the first chance she could. But it didn't last long until I jumped her and punched her in the face, receiving a week's worth of detention. To be honest, It was worth it.

I felt pretty powerful saying, "I don't need magic, Bitch." Before punching her right in the jaw.

     Pow, pow.

Ron and Hermione were still not on speaking terms. Without magic, I couldn't just charm Muffliato on myself and avoid Hermione's endless rants about Ron and vise versa. If anything, Ron is a lot whinier than she is.

      God, can they just kiss already?

I was leaning against a bookshelf, reading about the Deathly Hallows in a book called The Tales of Beedle the Bard. The bookmark Hermione gave me was tucked between the pages and glowed lightly against the Library's dimness, making me smile and think of her as I read quietly.

      But the peace soon came to an end when Hermione came marching into the library towards me, dragging Harry by the collar.

Speak of the devil.

"Yes?" I said, not looking up from the book.

"There you are!" Hermione said relieved before letting go of Harry. She notices something from behind me before saying, "Alright, I have to tell you both something."

"You have to be careful Harry." She said sternfully.

"For the last time," Harry grit his teeth. "I'm not turning this book in! The Half-Blood Prince is-"

"I'm not talking about your weird infatuation with your so-called Prince!" Hermione cut him off, visibly annoyed.

"Okay, don't turn around but--"

      We turned around anyways.

Harry and I turned around at the same time to see Romilda Vane sitting in a corner, staring and smiling longingly at Harry.

"Hey!" Hermione slaps us both on the arm.

"Anyways," She took a deep breath before turning to Harry. "I was just in the bathrooms before dragging you in here when I overheard about a dozen of girl's, including Romilda Vane,  plotting on how to slip you a love potion."

"What!" Harry said breathlessly, turning around in disbelief to Romilda again, who was now blowing a kiss to him.

"They're all hoping you'd take one of them to Slughorn's party by using Fred and George's love potions on you. It's tomorrow night and they're getting desperate, you must ask someone right away."

"I wanna meet the twins so bad! They seem so fun." I sigh and change the subject, wondering why I got stuck with Ronnie.

I noticed Harry starting to turn red, probably flattered by all the girls that want to get asked out by him.

"They're just using you, you know. Because they think you're the chosen one and all." I put it out for him bluntly.

"Well," He trailed off, "I am the chosen one."

      Wow, the ego comes with the title I guess.

      I like Harry!

Hermione grabs the copy of The Tales of Beedle the Bard from my hand and smacks Harry's head with it, immediately taking the smug look on his face away.