chapter seven

Tala. 607 days before the Battle of Hogwarts

      "Goddamnit!" I cursed as I kicked the gargoyle, forgetting the password to Dumbledore's office."Open up! You big stupid ugly piece of rock!"

      The gargoyle started to spin upwards, revealing the staircase.

      Huh, will you look at that — it worked!

      "For future reference, the password is 'Acid Pops', Miss Blackwell. This way please." He said after saying the password while I didn't hear, leading me onto the staircase and inside his office. He sat behind his desk and I stood there, waiting for him to talk.

      Pft, nevermind.

      "How was your first class?"

      "Great actually," I said. "I didn't really appreciate getting pushed through the dungeons before class though," I raised my brow at him. "I'm sure you had something to do with that?"

      "Ah! So you've met Mr. Potter and Weasley?" He snickered, ignoring my question.

      "How did you-"

      "And Miss Granger I assume?" Dumbledore cut me off, but I just nodded.

      "Good, good. It's a good thing that you've befriended them, I'm sure you'll be of help for these telling times."

      That explains why they were so nice, Dumbledore must've told them to.

      Or, uh oh — my trust issue senses are tingling.

     Yeah, very geek joke of me to say — or, think.

      "But shouldn't I not meddle?" I corrected him. "I've seen enough Back to the Future films to know not to mess with time."

      Sigh, another geeky reference.

      Dumbledore chuckled at my wittiness. "Well, you are right. One must not meddle in time, but it doesn't mean you can't influence or push others towards the right direction," he said. "Speaking of, have you made any progress with Mr. Malfoy? Has anything in the journal changed?"

      I raised my eyebrows at that and crossed my arms.

      This dude definitely knows a lot more than he's letting on.

      "Why do you keep asking me when it already seems like you know everything?" I questioned. "First, it was knowing that I'm apparently a witch —Second, it seems like you already know more about my supposed 'task' with Draco than I do. And lastly, I don't even understand what's going on half the time in my life right now, but you do?"

      "Ask me no questions, and I tell you no lies." Is all Dumbledore replied, leaving me to question him even more.

How intriguing.

      I'm gonna have to steal that quote, I'll say it in a British accent too.

      "But I suppose I can answer some of it," He added. "Now tell me, your mother's name is Elena Blackwell?"

      Uh, weirdo alert!

     How the hell does he know that!

      "Yeah?" I replied as my face scrunched up in confusion.

      "Well, there is no record of an Elena Blackwell from Hogwarts. Or any with the surname of Blackwell at all. Only an Elena Flores in the 60s. But you see, you are indeed of magical blood. So tell me, where did 'Blackwell' come from?" He asked, even though it was like he already knew.