chapter nine

Tala. 567 days before the Battle of Hogwarts.

When Harry survived from Voldemort's curse, he became known as the Boy Who Lived.

All it made me think about was Draco's journal and how Voldemort had been treating him. And knowing that I was back in time, I knew that this has all happened before.

Knowing that Draco lives three years from now, I knew he had successfully killed Dumbledore or else he wouldn't have even been alive.

He went through so much trauma that it led him to the bridge that I first met him on, three years from now.

To me, Draco was the Boy Who Had No Choice.

      While I was the girl who had one.

      Today was October 12, 1996.

    Today I failed.

I arrived at Hogsmeade earlier than the rest and went into that filthy pub to use the Imperius curse on a nameless woman.

I had her take a cursed necklace to the girl's stalls and plant it there. The first one to find it should have been inclined to deliver it to Dumbledore. If he were to touch the necklace, he would be cursed.

I thought it would work at first, I wouldn't need to leave any traces behind.

But today that stupid Bell girl touched the necklace herself. I didn't mean to hurt her, I don't want to hurt anyone.

I had to do it. I need to sort out a new plan.

I had detention with that hag McGonagall today as it happened. I cannot believe idiot Potter and his idiot friends tried to blame it on me.

      How did they even know?

D.M.

Draco's hurting today and needs at least one person to take his mind off things.

      And with that, I knew I had to get detention.

That shouldn't be too hard, Slytherins get one just for blinking — pft.

On my way back to the common rooms to pull a prank, I was suddenly stopped by Professor Slughorn as he passed me in the dungeons.

"Miss Blackwell!" Slughorn called me.

"Yeah?" I answered and stopped my tracks, causing my old footsteps to continue echoing on the stone floors.

"I'll be hosting another dinner tonight, you must come!" He invited me. "I'm on my way to Hogsmeade right now in the hopes of inviting Harry and Miss Granger," he added. "If you see them, surely you'll let them know?"

"Of course," I accepted and smiled at him despite barely seeing his face, the dimly lit corridor blocking him with shadows.

"Good, good!" Slughorn said, gesturing out his hand onto the lifeless and empty hallway to let me walk. "Carry on, then!"

Not even moments later, I turned into a dark corner and bumped into a very tall man wearing long black robes. Not realizing who it was, I cursed at him for hurting my head.

"God!" I winced, scratching my head. "You're like a freaking tree!"

      Looking up, I saw a very pissed off Professor Snape. And despite him being the head of Slytherin, it didn't stop him from giving me detentions just for breathing.