Chapter 18

Adnan's POV

I was finally discharged yesterday against my mum's wish, she wanted me to be fully recovered before I get discharged. I didn't want to stay there any longer as I was already sick and tired of the hospital besides I was feeling better. She didn't let me do anything or work. My assistant brought some papers I needed to look at but she sent him away saying I was on my sick leave and can't be bothered with any work.

Muhsin and I finally got the chance to talk. I told him what had happened since he already knows about the situation. He was livid and vowed to teach Naseer a lesson if he ever saw him but I told him there is no need for that. I honestly couldn't care less that he attacked me. What I want is to help her get away from him because now I have confirmed that there's obviously something he has over her to make her still be with him.

I want more information about Naseer. Muhsin told me about this guy who could help me do that. I texted him the details I knew and he promised to find out more. I don't know what I'll do or how I'll it yet. I just wish she'll tell me what's going on herself, she asked me not to intervene and I wouldn't want to do anything without her permission. I will have to go and try to persuade her one more time.

I came downstairs and tip toed out of the house hoping to not meet mum because I know she won't let me go out if she saw me and I was in luck because she wasn't there. Not too long after I got there, I sighted her coming out of the building with her bag on her shoulders while wearing a white lab coat.

I got down from the car and walked up to her. I spoke to her and she turned to me looking a bit frightened and when she saw me her face relaxed. Her lips parted in shock.

"Hi Adnan...I didn't know you got discharged? How are you feeling now?" She asked worriedly looking at my bandaged hand and head.

I nodded my head to signify that I was doing okay. "I'm fine, I just need to talk to you please. Can we go over there and talk?" I asked pointing to the benches in the waiting area.

She seemed unsure for a moment but then she nodded and we went over there.

"I know it's not my place to intrude in your personal life but I just can't help it, I really care about you a lot and I don't want you to get yourself in a situation like this because of your helplessness. I can't stand seeing you getting hurt." He said and took a deep breath. "I just want you to tell me what the problem is, I want to help."

She shook her head. "No Adnan, please don't worry about me. I don't want to burden you with my problems and I don't want you to get hurt again, you haven't even recovered yet." She said pointing to my injury.

"This is nothing. I'm fine trust me."

She sighed. "Adnan... Please just forget about me, I'll be alright."

"I really can't, you're not fine. It's written all over your face that you're not fine. Just tell me what is going on, please." I pleaded desperately looking into her eyes.

Her eyes. They were filled with so much sadness. The usual sparkle in her eyes were gone.

I saw that her resolve was weakening. She wants to tell me, I don't know what's stopping her. Tears filled her eyes as she looked away.

"Please..."

She looked back at me as a tear rolled down her cheeks. Her tears are my weakness and seeing her cry, I knew I would do anything to replace those tears with a smile.

"I just can't be selfish Adnan, I can't do that. I really can't jeopardize my family's safety for my own happiness, I just can't. I have to marry him if it means that my family gets to be safe, I'll do it...."