64. SolitarY Hearts

Start from the beginning

"Big-" Pete sighed. "You want me to go marry man but go live my own life? Away from him? Like you two do?"

"Pete!"

"Don't Pete me! You got me engaged to a girl who didn't even see me as a guy let alone to like me! I made my peace with it! I even liked her! I wanted to marry her! But you came back and broke the engagement like it was no big deal at all! And now this?" He asked his father with so much pain in his tone. "You want to know the big deal? You want to marry me off to a man? Please!"

"And what was he? The boy? I know all about him" Myriah sneered. "Should we bring that... Huh, what happened to your taste?"

"Stop it mom!" Pete snapped. "Don't bring that boy in this conversation. I told you it was an accident! And come on, seriously? Him?"

"He lives with a man. Who knows, the sole heir of Rachatrakul and Panuwat is more tempting than a mere tattoist" Myriah said in such a disgusted tone and Pete had to give his all to not show any expression or emotion on his face though he was too scared to find out she had investigated Kao.

Kao was huge with the baby now. And so happy. He didn't even remember the last time he saw Kao happy lile that. If they knew about the babies...

The mere thought mad his insides turn out and he looked down.

"I said I don't like men. I don't. I hate that boy. I was just trying to make San stop hanging out with him. I told you that" Pete said. "The rest... if you don't believe that, it's up to you. Just don't associate me with a faggot" he tried to act unconcerned and stood up. "I'm going to spend the day with my cousin"

"What cousin?" Myriah snapped at him. "That bastard is not your cousin!"

He looked down at him with such rage in his eyes that she was taken aback for a moment.

"Go to hell!" He snapped.

"Pete!" Aum called his name in a threatening growl.

"What?" he all but shouted. "What more? Go on! Marry me off! I'll do it like I always do what you want! But you have no right to come between Dome and I. He's my little cousin! Don't you dare call him a bastard!" With that, he walked out on his so called parents.

He stopped when Alex walked past him, eyeing him once with his deep, dark and expressionless eyes. He thought for a while before hurrying back inside.

"He's been in the orphanage since he was eight"

He stopped hearing that. What were they talking about?

"We already know that!" He heard his mom snap. "You're supposed to be some great John McClane wanna be! That's not what I asked of you!"

"Tell her to shut up" he heard Alex's deep voice and then his dad hurrying to calm his mom, telling her not to anger Alex.

"You don't want to know what or who I am madam Rachatrakul. You won't Lil it"

Pete shivered at the coldness in Alex's slow tone.

"What I'm not, is a babysitter! Be grateful I put up with your husband and his... hobbies. I am not going to hurt some eighteen years old whose whole life purpose is to eat ice cream! Especially when he's no threat to you! He has no connection with your son except that he was your friend's daughter's best friend. And your son did his best to bully him. And all your son does is drink and party and have sex. The most danger he could be in, are STDs. And you don't even give a damn about that unless it affects your business! Stop making me do layman work!"