26

"Hey... I was so so nervous before the test but I think I might just pass" Team grinned sheepishly. He was a very animated guy that Pharm didn't even have to worry to be polite to answer back, he did that for himself. But Pharm didn't feel scared by him. He felt quite easy which was a new thing. "I don't really care which high school I go to but there are three of us and P'Yacht is always nagging and my older cousin, he's really really stupid you know, all he knows is to eat and play but even he's graduating from this place this year and my other cousin, she took the test with me, if either of us fails, P'Yacht won't feed us" 

Pharm laughed at that. 

"What about you?" 

"Huh?!" Pharm exclaimed.

"I saw your brother drop you off. What about your parents? Would they be mad if you didn't cut? Wait! Was that a baby in the back? Your brother's married?" Team pouted. "You're not answering" 

Pharm blinked. Then he cracked a smile. "I would if.. you stop talking"

"Oh... ihihih" Team scratched his head. "You should've said that before. I don't have a fullstop. It's in my genes"

Pharm nodded and then for the first time after he didn't know how long. He laughed. He laughed for someone other than dad and Arthit. Someone his own age. 

"Hey.." Team pouted. 

"Sorry.. but that was my dad in the car and yeah it was his baby, my baby brother and no he's not married" he laughed again at Team's round eyes. What can he do if his dad is so smart and handsome?

"And dad didn't ask me to study here, I wanted to study where he did, he won't even care about the result and..." he bit his lips contemplating if he should say it or not. "And.. you can come eat at my place, I'm a good cook"

Team blinked rapidly with an open mouth. Then he laughed at himself. "Damn, I didn't hear anything after that was my dad in the car

Pharm chuckled at the look on other guy's face.

##~~

"You gonna get off dada?" Beam asked the monkey that clung to his neck from behind. "Ain't you tired?"

"Nouu" Arthit giggled and tightened his grip, resting his head on Beam's shoulder. "Aathit beeg boi sho tong.. huh.. I no tier"

Beam laughed. "Yeah? Big strong boy who needs dada for everything?"

"Oo dada.. Aathit no nee aayone" the little rascal raised his hand very seriously. "Aathi waab dada do eiz teengs" he scrunched his face like he's talking to an idiot. Beam sighed. He can't win against this monkey.

"Dada has work to do na Oon"

"Dada aas to cawry Aathi too na! No do work?"

"Not do work? How would dada fill your always hungry tummy if I don't work huh? Huh?" he pulled Arthit in his arms and tickled him all over. 

He didn't really mind carrying around Arthit on his back. It would be a problem back home where he had back to back cases and research and lectures but not here. He wasn't even employed here. He didn't want to either. He didn't have to. His research and his fetal facility back there was earning him good.   

"Beamie!!"

"Auti Yiyi" Arthit waved at her frantically. Satisfied after she'd hugged and kissed him multiple times, he relaxed back in Beam's arms. 

"Arthit came to work today?"

Beam smiled dearly at the boy. "Yeah, his big brother had his entrance test. I hope he does good, he will be so sad if he didn't and then I'll have to burn the school down" he joked so seriously the person sitting behind him had to turn and look at him. Yihwa laughed. "Why did you ask me here this early anyway?"