64. SolitarY Hearts

Start from the beginning

"Get your ass up! We're leaving" Lam snapped and Beam shut his mouth, pouting.

"Lam- ouch!!! Hey! I'm too old for this!" Beam whined when Lam pulled him up by his ear.

"I don't care! And you're still not older than me! Not like you act your age you stupid kid! I so want to kill you right now! You gave me a heart attack back there!" Lam snapped. "Do you know what happened when Mike told me he didn't find you? I felt my heart stop in fear for a moment!"

Beam looked down. "I'm sorry" he said. "You're right. I was so reckless. Let's go back to the hospital Oon was already crying"

"It's been taken care of! Mike is taking the kids home. You and I! We're gonna see the cops. And I am gonna throw you in one of those cells at the station so you'd stay put in one place!" Lam huffed. "Leave the boy here to look after her" he said and Pete opened his mouth to protest.

"No arguments Pete" Forth said heatedly as he walked after them. Both brothers shoot him death glares and growled at him but he just pushed past them to walk out.

"And don't do anything to her!" He called to Pete.

"What do you people think I'd do to her?" Pete called back and slumped down with a huff. "Its not like she's..." He sighed and shut up.

"I'm not Kao. Right?" Namtan asked in a slow tone and chuckled. "Tsk, seeing you right now... like this, it's worth it. Kinda makes you feel better about all the jerks and bastards and bitches in the world who'd ever hurt someone" she laughed.

Pete huffed in annoyance. "Shut up. Your girlfriend left you! Go drink some more and mourn"

"Then... Why were you drinking, grumpy bastard?" she asked in a slurry tone. "You should celebrate. Last I heard you're getting married"

Pete huffed and rested his head back. "Married? Yeah..."

FLASHBACK

"Isn't the Panitchayasawad heir too old for Pete?"

"Does it matter?" Myriah asked with an eye roll. "The whole business world knows that spoiled brat is a treat for the eye but useless otherwise. He's perfect for us"

"You mean me?"

Both husband and wife looked up from their breakfast to eye their son.

Pete huffed. "You said he's perfect for us. Shouldn't you even try to see if he's perfect for me or not?" he asked. "It's what parents do. Not that it matters"

"Now you're gonna tell me what's right or wrong for you Phubodin?" Myriah asked him while Aum scoffed.

"Huh, he wants that's orphan boy for himself. The one who won't even know himself if he's even a legal child or not" Aum said and Pete looked down with pursed lips, trying to control his anger.

"I do not like any boy" he put emphasis on the word boy. "Don't do this to me. You have always done whatever you wanted for me. Please... don't use my life as a profit deal. For God's sake!"

"Your life will be fine" Aum leaned back with hi cold eyes and wiped his mouth with a handkerchief. "We belong to a high class society. This is how we make relationships. We married like that. Your grandparents married that way. And you two can always live your own lives whatever way you want after the marriage. This marriage, if we do go through with it, would be to assure our future! We won't need that if that bitch didn't come back with that boy. And you said Sandee doesn't like you. And you don't like the boy. What's the big deal?"