"Excuse me?"

"You've been bitchy all-day, and every time Faune and I talk you either glare or scoff." He hisses, I narrow my eyes at him. "So what is it, Ember? It's not just because of your mother's anniversary." I recoil, everyone seems to stiffen. Royal looks confused, but I turn my attention to Faune. I can practically see her heart beating out of her chest. Her skin pales a bit as I stare at her. I school my features into a calm fury.

"You told them?"

Faune swallows and slowly turns to me, her golden eyes full of sadness. "I did, I'm sorry, they were asking what was wrong with you today-"

"You told them?" I repeat, I ball my hands into fists and dig my nails in.

She sags a bit in her seat and nods.

I stand up abruptly and push my chair away from the table.

"Sit down," Lokas says to me, I turn my head to him and glare. He glares right back. "You don't get to do this Ember, you can't shut everyone out and not admit the way you're feeling."

I laugh a humorless laugh, he narrows his eyes at me. "Like how you admit your feelings for my sister?" They both stiffen, I laugh again. "You're both in love with each other and choose to do nothing, and you have the nerve to tell me to admit my feelings?" I ask incredulously. I push away from the table and grab my plate and fork. "You really have some nerve Lokas," I spit, "next time you want to judge my coping methods? Make sure you admit yours first, but until then you and Faune can go back to playing footsies underneath the table."

And with that,

I leave.

Royal

Ember stomps out of the dining room with her roast and I silently curse her for leaving me alone with these assholes. They are truly assholes. Lokas is the biggest of them all. Fuck him. Bringing up the anniversary of her mother's death. Dipshit.

Faune and Lokas won't look at each other, they're so stiff. Serves them right, I like the fire in that girl. The name Ember is fitting. The cold fire living within her soul is intriguing, she looked impassive the entire time throughout that fight. She just stared at them like they were nothing. Like a bug on her shoe.

Me on the other hand? I'm practically shaking with rage. How dare he do that, fucking son of a bitch. I want to smash his head on the marble table and spit on his limp body.

"That was not right," I silently snarl while picking at my green beans. Irina turns to me and nods her head.

"I agree she shouldn't have revealed that-"

I whip my head to her and bark: "What?"

She scrunches her brows together and I notice Shann stiffen at my tone. "That was not her place to say anything-"

"You're fucking delusional" I snap and shove a green bean into my mouth, "Watch it," Shann quietly snarls. I laugh at him and stand up with my plate in my hands.

"You're all assholes, every single last one of you, you brought up that shit and she snapped. Tell me," I say directed towards Lokas, his head snaps to me and his black curls bounce in the movement. "What did you think the outcome of that would be, Lokas."

"Shut your gods damned mouth, O'Dea."

I laugh again, "You're all assholes and you know it, answer me one more question before I go and join our dear friend to where ever she has wandered off to,"

They all look at me except Faune, she's quietly crying while staring at her lap. I scowl at her and look back at everyone. "Why do you call it Faune's place? Does Ember not live there too? Or do you choose to not acknowledge her presence?"