#8 Turn Back Time

Even more of Nic to come~~ Yes, now I'm falling in love for Nic~~~ I have sweeter plans ahead for our two main characters~ I can't wait to share it with you guys! Have a good day guys! :) Astrid out!

I wasn't really surprised when I heard a loud scream that very morning

I wasn't really surprised when I heard a loud scream that very morning. At this point, I was too annoyed to even care about something as trivial like a Nicholas Wilson screaming in surprise from inside my bedroom.

Dark circles had formed under my eyes. All night, I was thinking of things that could potentially go wrong from now to the point I couldn't get a minute of sleep. My anxiety had reached roof-top level. Just in case, I had closed all the blinds in my apartment to ensure that no one outside can see us inside.

Kyle had insisted that I should call him whenever I have issues, but 5 missed calls later, I gave up trying to reach him.

I could hear Kyle's voice ringing in my head.

If anything comes up, give me a call.

Kyle wasn't the type who would just ignore his calls. If he didn't pick up, there must be a valid reason why he couldn't answer me and why he still hadn't called back hours later.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw a bewildered-looking Nic peered out from the door frame, gazing at the interior of my apartment. Ignoring his presence, I continued to focus on what I was doing: making breakfast for myself. As an avid fan of Korean pancakes, I always had kimchi left in the fridge. This morning, I was feeling some kimchi pancakes.

Nic wrinkled his nose and followed the tangy, sweet smell. He sat awkwardly in front of the counter, watching me transfer the pancake from my pan to a plate.

Nic cleared his throat to get my attention. "What happened last night?" he croaked, scratching his head. He widened his eyes at how hoarse his voice was.

I grabbed a cup, filled it with water, and handed it over to him. He took it gratefully and emptied the cup in one go. "Nothing much," I replied sarcastically, "except the fact that you got drunk in front of my place! How the hell did you even find out where I live?"