#5 End This

As promised~ Nic is going to make more appearances. This is more a filler chapter, but I hope you'll enjoy it! Stay safe guys :)

 This is more a filler chapter, but I hope you'll enjoy it! Stay safe guys :)

"L is for the way you lied to me,

O is I'm the only one who sees that,

V, you're so vindictive, so I'll be vicious

And E-N-D this L-O-V-E."

-Hailee Steinfeld

A wave of nausea rippled over my whole body. My knees buckled under me, and I had to hold on to the wall to propel myself. By then, blood had completely drained from my face. I couldn't breathe. It was as if a huge block of rock was stuck in my throat, blocking my airway.

"Emily, are you alright?" one of my coworkers asked, concerned.

Before I could reply, I heard the sound of the lift doors opening. Kyle stepped into the reception area, looking as if he stayed up all night. His black tie was hanging loosely around his neck, and the black suit he wore was slightly wrinkled as if he had slept in them overnight.

"About time," Nic called sarcastically, watching as Kyle approached him.

Kyle stumbled midway when he saw me from the corner of his eyes, and his facial expression hardened when his accusing eyes met mine. I gulped nervously. He looked angry, confused—betrayed.

Shaking his head, he let out a loud exasperated sigh. "Follow me, buddy," he commanded in a stern voice. He passed Nic, not even acknowledging his friend's tantrum and everyone's stares. Nic folded his arms in annoyance but went to follow him.

With that, the commotion ended. All the employees watching earlier started to dissipate into their respective floors but still whispering amongst each other – gossiping and speculating. I quietly followed my team down to our office floor through the internal staircase behind the reception area.

My head was a second away from exploding. I was thinking of hundreds, thousands of scenarios that could unfold before me.

What will happen now?

What if the public know it was me...? Would Kyle just throw me under the bus?

Of course, he would want to save his own skin.

I'm so fucked—

In the midst of thinking, I missed a step on the stairs. My body froze, and I fell down the steps. At that moment, I scowled at myself for wearing a skirt today. I gritted my teeth as I felt my knee scrapped the ground as I slid down each step of the stairs. One of my coworkers yelped as he stumbled to dodge my falling figure.

"Oh my gosh, Emily. Are you okay?" one of them asked, offering me a hand.

Do I look fine to you?!

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," I assured them, rejecting their help. I brought myself back up but quickly hissed at the pain from my leg. When I looked down, I saw a dark red mark on my knee. Today was officially a bad day in the history of my life.