#4 Hard Place

Hi guys! :) Back at it again. Thank you for all the 75 reads so far! (hopefully 50 of them aren't just me... maybe they are o.o!) I have honestly enjoyed writing this book so far. I haven't written stories in a long time, so my writing might not be as smooth as other wattpad writers out there... The story line of Forkful Kisses will be quite cliche but I hope you still enjoyed it! :) My plan is to complete the story in a total of 18 to 20 chapters, and I'm planning to upload every week. Fingers crossed >.<!

Anyways... Now that Em's got the job, more juicy things are coming your way! Introducing the 3 boys: Kyle, Tim, and finally Nic! We've seen Kyle in the previous chapter, but in the next chapter, we'll see more of Nic, our pancake guy :)

If you enjoyed the chapters so far, please leave a comment and a vote! It means the whole world to me <3 :3 

"Em, you're coming right?" Alex asked, sounding a bit concerned

"Yeah, don't worry. I'm reaching in 5," I explained as I crossed the street. Adrenaline was rushing through me as I tried to run in my high heel boots. "I have good news for everyone that I'm so excited to share."

He laughed, sounding a bit relieved. "Okay, just wanting to make sure you're okay with our plans. I'm already in the restaurant. See you soon!"

A week had passed since the day I signed my contract and began working for one of New York's top law firms. In a span of days, my confidence that had reached rock bottom began to recover. My self-esteem improved as I began to trust myself again. No more negative self-talk about how I'm not lucky enough or I'm not smart enough to make the cut.

Although you got the job through pure coincidence...

I told myself that being lucky is one factor to being successful.

And luck could come in different kinds of form – including being compensated with a full-time job in return for being silent about a strange incident that happened in front of a Korean pancake stall.

When Mel suggested for us to meet again the following week, I didn't think twice and said yes right away. No more fake excuses to ditch her plans because I was too drained and embarrassed of my situation. Despite my outbreak last time, Mel still suggested for us to dine in a fancy restaurant – this time we're going to a Korean Asian fusion restaurant downtown on a Friday. I had googled the menu beforehand to check the prices. Mel being the bitch she is had suggested for us to eat in another pricy restaurant that costs $40 a plate. Our friendship was seriously hanging on thin rope, a bridge that is on fire and ready to collapse at any time.