#3 Almost There

Dedicated to one of my readers~

I wrote this chapter while listening to Disney's Princess and the Frog's Almost There... No matter what happens in life, don't give up :)! This chapter is also dedicated everyone who would like to escape reality in stories... :) I wrote this chapter when I'm feeling down as well... but no matter how hard things are getting, remember that you're almost there! :) Just taking small steps at a time :)

 but no matter how hard things are getting, remember that you're almost there! :) Just taking small steps at a time :)

"But I know exactly where I'm going,

And getting closer, closer, every day."

-Anika Noni Rose

Thirty minutes later, I was surrounded by tall skyscrapers. I looked up at one specific building that was towering in front of me. The tall glass structure gleamed under the sunlight. Around, people were bustling in and out of the building with their cup of coffee as they go on with their busy day. The scent of coffee diffused through the air.

This is it. This is where I want to be.

I fixed my black blazer and steadied my footing. The tall black pumps I was wearing was starting to dig into my skin. Mustering confidence, I marched towards the automatic sliding doors. As soon as I took a step in, I was quickly mesmerised by the high ceiling and marbled floors. It felt like a dream to be inside.

Still looking around, I made my way towards the elevators and pressed the button to get to the 30th floor – the reception of Morrison Lance Law Firm. My eyes widened as the lift went up, the glass walls slowly revealing the magnificent New York City from above. I was going to pull out my phone to take a picture when suddenly, the lift stopped. I have arrived.

The lift doors opened to reveal a cozy reception area. My heels tapped loudly on the wooden floors as I approached the receptionist. The old woman in the reception area was too busy typing that she didn't see me coming towards her.

"Hi, I'm here to see Kyle Morrison," I said to the receptionist as she looked up from her computer monitor.

The woman fixed her round black glasses. She leaned forward to study me and furrowed her forehead. "I'm not informed of any interview schedule today," she murmured to herself.