Chapter seventeen

Dani's point of view

"Ready?" Megan asked as we met up in the lobby. "Is it weird that I'm nervous" I laughed as we walked over to the venue. We text Ashleigh that we were outside and waited for her to come get us. "They're just on stage for soundcheck" Ashleigh said as we walked through the backstage area towards the stage. I hid behind the curtain while Megan surprised Kells on stage. "Who missed me?" Megan laughed, walking onto the stage. "What the fuck" Kells said in shock, putting his guitar on the stand. "What are you doing here?" He asked, running over to her and  picking her up. "I came to see you, I missed you too much to wait another month to see you" Megan laughed. I'm so happy you're here" Kells said, hugging her. "I missed you" She laughed, kissing him as he put her back on the ground. I seen Rook sitting at his drum set smiling but I could tell that it was fake.

"Is everything okay Rook?" Megan asked, looking over at him. "Yeah, why'd you ask?" He said. "Because you don't look it" He replied. I made my way around to Rooks side of the stage through the backstage area. "I'm fine, don't worry about me" He smiled. "What's up man?" Aj asked. "What's bothering you" Baze asked. "I just really wish Dani came too" He said. "I honestly miss her so much" He added. "I missed you too loser" I laughed, walking onto the stage. "You're here!" He shouted, running over and picking me up and kissing me. The kiss was amazing, I missed kissing him. "Did you really think I wasn't here?" I laughed as he put me back down. "A little" He said. "When Megan walked out and you weren't with her, I thought you were still back in LA" He added. "I missed you too much to pass up an opportunity to see you" I said, kissing him.

"We'll let you get back to sound check" Megan laughed. "Hey Dani, wanna sing with me tonight?" Kells asked. "You know I always do" I laughed as Kells handed me a mic. Once I got a mic pack and in ears, we rehearsed Bad Things and At My Best. After soundcheck, we sat in Kells dressing room. "How long have you two had this planned?" Kells asked. "Like a month" Megan said. "Who knew?" Rook asked. "Everyone except for you two" I laughed. "So Baze, Slim and Aj knew too?" Kells asked. "Yeah" Aj said. "And none of you told us?" Rook asked. "Well that would've ruined the surprise" Slim laughed. "Where's the new opening act?" I asked. "I wanna meet them" I added. "She should be here soon" Kells said, passing me his blunt. "Her?" I asked. "Who is it" I added, passing him back his blunt as some girl walked in.

"Well, well, well" She said. "Look what the cat dragged in" She added. Noah McKenna. Noah and I used to be friends when I started out in this industry but as my career started to take off, hers didn't and she got really jealous and tried to ruin my career by selling fake stories to the press. "Good to see you again" I smiled. "You two know each other?" Rook asked. "Of course we do Rookie pie" She smiled, sitting beside him and resting her hand on his thigh. "How do you two know each other" Slim asked. "We used to be friends until Dani stole my spotlight" She smiled. "I don't think that's how it went but if that's what you want to believe then go for it" I said. "Noah, you're on stage in five minutes, get ready please" Ashleigh said. "Rook, come watch me please" Noah said, pouting. "It'll help me with my nerves" She added. "Oh, uh, yeah sure" Rook said, standing up and walking to the stage with Noah. "He's dead" I said.

"Is she always like this?" Megan asked. "Unfortunately" Aj said. "And none of you thought to tell her that Rook has a girlfriend? Who is supposed to be one of you guys closest friend?" Megan asked. "Don't worry about it Megan, it's fine" I said. "No, it's not fine Dani. They're supposed to be your closest friends, Rooks supposed to be your boyfriend and yet none of them told Noah that you're his girlfriend or even just mentioned that he's taken" She said. "Honestly Megan, it's okay" I said. "I'm going back to the hotel, I'll see y'all later" I smiled, grabbing my jacket and leaving. "What's going to happen with Bad Things and At My Best?" Kells asked. "Are you serious right now?" Megan shouted.