Chapter six

Dani's point of view

I woke up early the next morning and packed up my suitcase and loaded it onto the tour bus before making my way into the restaurant and getting some breakfast. "You're up early" Ashleigh said, sitting across from me. "Couldn't sleep" I said. "Is everything okay?" She asked as we ate breakfast. "Yeah, everything is fine" I said. "I wrote and recorded some songs a while ago, they're a different sound to the music I've release so far but my label won't let me release them because they think I'll lose fans because I'm switching up my sound" I said. "Is there any chance I can try them out tonight?" I asked. "If not, it's perfectly fine. I completely understand. It's just, Dahlia wouldn't let me change my image or sound in any way" I added.

"I can tell you're not happy with your sound at the moment and if you're not happy, you won't perform to the best of your abilities. Let's do it" She said as Alaïa walked in. "You're the best" I grinned. "Hey girls" She smiled, hugging me as she sat down. "Did you enjoy your night?" Ashleigh asked. "Yeah, it was the best birthday by far" She grinned. "Thank you so much" She added. "Are you coming to the show tonight?" I asked. "Is that even a question" She laughed. "Of course I am" She added. Having Alaïa at the show tonight meant the world to me, especially because I was trying something out new.

"I'm going to go wake everyone else, I'll see you two later" Ashleigh said. Alaïa and I made our way to the arena for soundcheck while Ashleigh woke everyone and got them all checked out. "That was fucking awesome!" Alaïa shouted as I walked off the stage after finishing up my soundcheck. "Where've you been all morning?" Kells asked as everyone made their way into the arena. "I woke up early so I thought I'd get soundcheck out of the way" I said. Kells and the boys made their way to the stage for soundcheck while Megan, Alaïa and I sat in my dressing room. "So, did anything happen between you and a certain someone last night" Megan teased as the three of us sat down. "Oh god no" I said.

"If anything, the complete opposite happened" I added. "What do you mean?" Alaïa asked. "It's a long story" I said, getting up and picking out an outfit for the show tonight. "We've got time" Megan said. "Basically when we got back up to our room last night, Rook thanked me for helping him pick his outfit so that we weren't late to Alaïas birthday dinner, I said that it wasn't a problem and that if we're stuck sharing a room until we can get along then we may as well suck it up and just get along. He complimented me saying that I looked really good and I just made a joke about it like I usually do and he went proper mental at me over it" I explained. "What did he say?" Megan asked.

"Just that I can never be serious and everything always has to be a joke and how I can't stand not being the centre of attention and how the speech I made at the meal yesterday wasn't because Alaïa's my best friend, it was because I wasn't the centre of attention and that maybe the reason my ex cheated on me and left me for my cousin was because I always had to make everything a joke" I said. "Fuck off" Megan said. "He did not say that" Alaïa said. "What did you say back to that?" Megan said. "I couldn't say anything, what he said really hurt me. I just went to sleep after I finished crying" I said.

"That's honestly fucked up" Alaïa said. "Is that why you were up so early?" She asked. "Yeah, I wanted to get out of the room before Rook woke up" I said. "I don't blame you either, they're such nasty things to say to someone" Megan said. The three of us sat and talked for a while before making our way to the cafeteria to get some food. "Do we smells or something? You girls haven't came near us all day" Kells laughed as Megan, Alaïa and I sat at the table with them. "We were just enjoying some girl time" I said. "There's only so much you can talk about when there's boys around" Megan said. "Are you excited for the wedding this weekend?" Kells asked.

"Oh yeah, I'm over the moon" I said sarcastically. "I can tell" Aj laughed. "I just don't like Amanda" I said. "She's honestly such a gold digger" I added. The eight of us sat and talked for a while before going to get ready for tonight's show. "I'll be over later" I said, hugging everyone before Alaïa and I made our way to my dressing room. "Dani, can I speak to you in private?" Ashleigh said, walking into my dressing room as I was getting my makeup done. "I'll go wait in Kells dressing room" Alaïa said. "What's up?" I asked as she said down. "I spoke with the sound techs, they updated your set list but have the other one saved as a backup in case the fans don't respond too well to your new sound" She said. "Are you sure you want to do this?" She added.