Chapter thirteen

Dani's point of of view

"Have everything you need?" Alaïa asked. Tonight was the VMAs. "I think so" I said, grabbing my phone and car keys. "Dom, are you ready?" I shouted. "Ready" He said, running down the stairs. We were driving over to Kells house and getting a limo from there. "I can't wait to see Rook again" I said as the three of us got into the car. "It's been like a week Dani, chill" Alaïa laughed as I connected my phone to the radio before driving to Kells house. "Didn't you two, like, hate each other?" Dom asked. "It's a long story" Alaïa said. "Long story short, Ashleigh made Rook and I share a room anytime we stayed at a hotel because she was sick of Rook and I always fighting, we ended up getting along" I said.

"Now he's my boyfriend" I laughed. "Once you're happy, that's all that matters" Dom said. "Exactly" I replied. We arrived at Kells house a couple of minutes later. "I missed you" Rook shouted, running out of the house and picking me up and spinning me around once I got out of the car. "I missed you too" I laughed, kissing him as he put me back on the ground. "You look amazing by the way" He said as we walked into the house. We made our way up to Rooks room and I sat down on the bed while Rook got dressed. "Are you coming back here tonight?" He asked, putting his jeans on. "I might" I said, scrolling through Instagram. "Please" He begged, lying on me. "I miss waking up to your beautiful face" He pouted. "I miss waking up to your handsome face too babe" I laughed, kissing him.

"So you'll come back with me?" He asked. "I'll see" I laughed. "Please baby" He pouted, giving me the puppy dog eyes. "I have no pyjamas or clothes here" I said. "You can borrow one of my tops" He said. "And when I'm going home tomorrow?" I asked. "I'll give you a pair of my sweats" He said, kissing me. "You're so lucky I love you" I said. "So is that a yes?" He asked. "Yes" I laughed. Once Rook was finally ready, we made our way downstairs and waited for the limo to bring us to the VMAs. Once we got to the VMAs, we done our interviews and walked the carpet and met up inside. "Good luck tonight by the way" I said, hugging Kells. "Good luck to you too" He said as we made our way to our seats. Thankfully, we were all sitting together.

After a while and a few performances, it was time for me to present the award for viewers choice. "This next award is for viewers choice video and you lot have been voting for your favourite artist to win this award" I said. "And the nominees are" I said. "And the winner for viewers choice is" I said, opening the envelope. "Machine Gun Kelly!" I shouted. Kells made his way to the stage and I handed him the moonman. "I'm so happy for you" I grinned hugging him and giving him his award. "Wow" He said. "This is such an honour" He added, looking at his award. "I just want to thank everyone, my friends and family, my fans, my management, my girlfriend, my daughter. Everyone who supported me and voted for me, you all fucking rule" He said. We walked off stage and went back to our seats.

"This next award is artist of the year. This award is one of the biggest awards you can receive" Joe Jonas said. "And you guys have been blowing the voting for your favourite artist to win" Kevin Jonas said. "The nominees for artist of the year are" Nick Jonas said as the nominees were announced. "And the winner for artist of the year is" Joe said, opening the envelope. "Dani Diaz!" The three of them said. I made my way up to the stage and hugged Kevin, Nick and Joe as they handed me the moonman. "I honestly don't know what to say. Wow" I said. "Thanks to everyone who voted for me, I love every one of you. My fans, thank you all for your support over the last couple of years, it honestly means the world to me" I added.

"This award is yours. Thanks to my friends, Kells, Megan, Baze, Slim, Aj, Ashleigh, Dom, Alaïa and Megan, for having my back and supporting me through this journey. My brother, Braxton, for being my number one supporter from the get go. My boyfriend Rook for keeping me on my toes the last few years because we hated each other, I love you now though so it's all good" I laughed. "I couldn't have done this without any of you, you're so amazing and I love you all so much" I said. I made my way back to my seat once I finished my speech. "I'm so proud of you baby" Rook said, kissing my cheek as I sat back down. "I love you" I smiled, kissing him. After the award show was over, we made our way outside and waited for cabs.