Chapter eight

Dani's point of view

I woke up early the next morning to Rook's arms wrapped around my waist. He looked so cute when he's asleep. I slowly climbed out of the bed, careful as to not wake Rook, and began getting ready. "Morning" Rook yawned a couple of minutes later. "Morning" I laughed, gluing my lashes on. "Can you do me a favour whenever you're ready?" I asked, doing my eyeliner. "Yeah, what do you need?" Rook asked. "Can you take my dress out of the dress bag for me please?" I said. "I'm almost ready, I just have to do my foundation, highlight and contour" I added. "Uh Dani, you might want to have a look at the dress" Rook said. "What do you mean?" I asked as I put my foundation brush down.

"Come see for yourself" He said as I walked over to him. "Oh you cannot be serious" I groaned. "What do I do now?" I said, sitting on the bed. There was bright, pink lipstick smudged all over my dress and pieces of it were ripped. "I'm sure you have something else in your suitcase" Rook said. "Or ask Megan or Alaïa" He added. "I'll check my suitcase first, I might have something there that I was supposed to wear to an award show" I said. "I'm going to shower and get ready, call me if you need anything" He said, grabbing his suit and clean underwear before making his way into the bathroom. I found a red dress and a black clutch to match.

I got dressed and done my hair before putting a pair of black strappy heels on. I wiped off my nude lipstick and put on a nice red matte lip colour instead. Once I was ready, I put my purse, key card, phone and lipstick in my clutch and waited on the bed for Rook. "Can you tie this for me please?" Rook asked, stumbling out of the bathroom, not looking where he was going. "Yeah sure" I said, standing up and walking over to him. "Wow" He said, looking up as he handed me his bow tie. "You look... wow" He added. "You don't look too bad yourself Cappelletty" I winked as I tied his bow tie.

"Don't think the bride is going to be too happy that she's not the most beautiful girl at her wedding" He said. "You're such a flirt" I laughed. "Not flirting when it's the truth" He winked. "You're unbelievable" I laughed, grabbing my purse. "Shall we?" He asked, holding out his hand for me to take. Smiling, I slipped my hand into his as we left the room. "Am I seeing things or is Rook and Dani holding hands" Alaïa said as her, Casie and Megan walked out of Megan and Kells room. "Shut up" I laughed as the five of us made our way to the elevator. "What happened to your nude dress?" Megan asked.

"Someone ripped it and drew all over it with pink lipstick" I said. "Thankfully I had back ups in my suitcases for award shows and red carpet events" I added. There was buses outside the hotel to bring everyone to the church for the ceremony. "I like this dress better" Megan said. "Me too" I said, getting on the bus. The drive to the church where the ceremony was being held was only a short journey. Once we arrived at the church, Brax gave me Isla to hold and we made our way inside and sat down. We all sat there chatting for a while before the music began playing. Everyone stood up and turned towards the back of the church as the bridesmaids and maid of honour made their way down the aisle.

"You're still the most beautiful girl here" Rook whispered as Amanda walked out. Once Amanda reached the altar, everyone sat down and the wedding ceremony began. "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to celebrate the union of two beings, and to witness one of gods most joyous occasions" The priest said. "Before we continue with the ceremony, if anyone has any objections please speak now or forever hold your peace" He said. "How funny would it be if I just shouted I object" Rook whispered. "Don't ruin my brothers wedding" I laughed quietly, playfully slapping his arm. Rook quietly slipped his hand hand into mine and rested it on my lap. "Now it's time for the vows. Braxton, you may go first" The priest said.

"Amanda, from the day I met you, ten years ago, you changed my life completely. Getting the chance to grow with you over these past couple of years has been one of my greatest pleasures and I thought nothing could top that but you went and proved me wrong by saying yes when I asked you to marry me and then again when you gave me the greatest gift of all, our little baby girl Isla" He said. "Thank you for supporting me through uni and helping me find such an amazing job. I promise to do the dishes when asked, I promise to take out the trash when you tell me and most importantly, I promise to continue to love you until my dying breath" He smiled.