You'll Be Ok, Ok?

Start from the beginning

"Take your time Henry, I'm in no rush." I assure him. "Talk to me. You're going to be ok." 

"It's not- I didn't th- I di-" He let out a frustrated sigh as he fought for control over what he needed to say. "Never thought-" He takes in a shuddering breath, it comes in short with the effort, "not right." 

"Not right? What didn't you think would happen? Can you explain that to me?" I ask, latching myself onto the few spoken words Henry had said. 

"Not- uh- I just-" He growls in frustration on what to say or do, attempting to form a sentence. He eventually just gives up. He quickly makes his way over to his bedside and returns with a crisp white letter, only marred with the large tear that opened it up.

I look on the front of the letter. 

Henry Hart

24 Summit Lane, Swellview 

I look back at my brother who refused to meet my gaze. 

I pull out the letter to see in big black letters: 

M.U.S.E.

Congratulations Mr. Henry Hart, also known Kid Danger, you have been accepted into the class of 2020-2024, to attend Metroberg University for the Super Elite. After due consideration, we have decided that you will be well fit to attend our school. We look forward to seeing you this fall and we can't wait for your attendance. Please alert us if you are not attending before the date of September seventh. 

Best regards, 

Dr. Dean Blazedell 

"Woah." I breath. 

"Woah." He repeats seemingly unconsciously. 

"First off, did they post this? There's no postage stamp. Plus, what if it went to the wrong house." I say, coaxing him into speaking again. 

"Delivered." He simply states. 

"Delivered?" 

"By a man in a suit." 

"Have you told Rai?" He shakes his head. 

"I didn't think you were interested in going to university considering you didn't graduate." 

"I applied on a whim. I didn't think I'd get in." He replies, forming his sentences with greater elegance. 

"So what are you going to do?" 

"I'm going to go." 

"You're going to go?" 

"Piper, when I didn't graduate, I thought I was going to be stuck in Swellview forever. I didn't think I'd get a chance at university, but now I have a chance."

"I'm happy for you Henry." 

He seems caught off guard by this. He knows that I'm not the biggest fan of his career path but if this is what he really wants, who am I to stop him? 

- time skip - 

September 4th, 2020

I stand at the train station with Charlotte, Rai, Jasper, Schwoz and of course, my brother. 

"Do you have everything?" Rai asked, sounding very much like a worried parent. 

"Yes Rai, I have everything."

"Are you sure?" 

"Yes Rai." 

"And you'll call everyday." 

"Everyday." Henry confirms. 

"And you won't get into any trouble?" 

"I make no promises." Henry responded cheekily. 

This did no good for Rai's stressful state. 

"I'm going to miss you bro." Jasper tells him. 

"Then you'll have to visit me when you aren't at Harfard." 

"Yeah, that's not a real school. I got in last minute at Memorial University of Swellview." 

"That's awesome mate." Henry smiles. 

"Not as awesome as you going to M.U.S.E." Jasper replies. 

"It is pretty awesome." 

"Hopefully in the future we will get to work together." Charlotte adds. "You catch the criminals and I'll prosecute them." 

"Harvard Law has no idea what's coming." I laugh. 

"Maybe we will." Henry muses. 

"And what about you Miss Thing? Are you going to be the badass reporter we expect you to be?" Charlotte asks playfully. 

"Oh you know it." 

"I'm very proud of you all." Schwoz sighs happily. 

We grin at him. 

"Oh my gods, all my kids are leaving." Rai whispers. "Don't go! Tell them you've changed your mind!" 

We laugh at his worried antics. "Rai, come on, we have to move on." I explain. 

"No you don't. Who said that? That's dumb. Everyone back to the Man Cave, no one's leaving ever!" 

"Rai, you know we love you, but we have to live our lives." Henry grins at him. 

"You do don't you." Rai murmured sadly. 

"We grew up." Jasper declared. 

"You never want to do that." Rai sighed. 

"Last call for Metroberg!" The announcer called. 

"That's me." Henry announced. 

"Guys, can you give Henry and I a moment?" 

"Of course." They utter at once. 

Once they're far enough away, I grip my brother's hands in mine. "You're sure this is what you want?" 

"I'm sure. You're going to do great at Florida State." He encourages me. 

"And what if you have a panic attack?" I ask, worry seeping into my voice. 

"Then I'll work through it." He responds. 

"I'm going to miss you." 

"I know." He laughs. "I'll miss you too." 

Tears form in my eyes. He mirrors this. 

"Gods, we're a mess, aren't we?" I laugh tearily. 

"Yeah, we definitely are." He chokes out. 

"Awkward sibling hug?" I offer a smile. He laughs and we embrace, but it was anything but awkward. "You'll be ok, ok?" 

"Ok." He whispers. 

And we were ok. We'll always be ok. 

Hell yeah! 

Cheers!