Sleep

Reference game of the chapter: Grey's Anatomy
If you want to see you favourite fandom referenced in a chapter, comment on this chapter and it will be done!

I honestly felt like shit.

I have been working overtime for so long! I mean, I know that my job is important but I'm exhausted. We've been having a crime wave for ages now. I don't remember the last time I had a proper night's sleep.

Just last night, about two hours after I got home from work, I was just finished dinner when my watch triple beeped.

- flash back -

"Thanks for dinner Mom. It was delicious." Piper said to my mother.

"Thank you Piper." My mother replied. "Piper, Henry, I want you two to drive to work in the morning. I don't want you two walking alone during this crime wave." She added.

Piper and I shared knowing glances before turning back to her. "We will Mom, but I can hold my own." I say.

"I know that Henry but I just want you two to be safe." She explains.

"We know Mom." Piper grins.

"Alright, Henry, it's your turn to clean up." My Dad alerts me.

"Actually, I'm going to take Henry's clean up day." Piper said.

I gave her a questioning look. "What?" 

"You look tired and you should get more sleep." 

"I'm fine Pipes." 

"No you're not. You have bags the size of suitcases under your eyes." Piper insisted. 

"Piper, I'm fine." I persist. 

"Henry, just let me take the day. You can make up for it some other time." 

"Piper!"

"Henry you need to-" 

My watch triple beeps. 

"Guess you are taking my cleaning day, but not for the reason you want. I have to go to work." 

"Henry, it's late, do you really need to go to work?" My mom asks me. 

I think about it for a moment. I'd love to just stay home and clean with my sister and then relax. Stay home, I don't go to clean up whatever mess some criminal has made. But I know I can't do that. 

"Yeah I do." 

- end flashback -

"Henry?" Rai calls.

"Oh, yeah? Rai?" I ask.

"Are you listening?"

"Not really."

"You're not listening? Kid, we are in the middle of the biggest crime wave of your career, of my career for that matter. I cannot afford you to not be listening."

"I'm so sorry Rai, I know this is crazy, I've just found it hard to focus."

"Henry I know. It's a crazy time at the moment."

"I know Rai. I'm trying my best here but I've had a headache for a while now too."

"Look, Henry you're probably tired from all the fighting and work we've been doing. You should be trying to sleep whenever you possibly can." Rai explained. 

"I'm not tired Rai." 

"Henry, I know you. You won't admit when you truly need anything, but you need sleep. Just on our mission to stop those armed robbers, your movements were sluggish, you need to sleep."