"Please at least let me wrap your injuries in some gauze for wounds." She begs.

"Fine." I relent.

She helps me limp over to the break room where she forces me down into a wobbly break room chair, which she claims it the sturdiest. She immediately gets to work on tightly wrapping my leg and shoulder. I grit my teeth as she applies pressure to the bleeding wounds.

"That's it, take deep breaths." Jenny consoles me. My vision went white for a moment as Jenny presses just a little too hard on a wound. "Sorry, sorry, sorry." She frantically apologises.

"Do you have any kids?" I ask her through gritted teeth and short pants, I was trying to distract myself from the pain.

"Yeah, a daughter Martha, and a kid, Kai."

"That's nice." I grind out.

"Yeah, it was hard getting used to Kai's they them pronouns at first, but I love them. Oh, ok love, this is going to hurt, deep breath."

I inhale sharply before a blinding pain erupts in my thigh as Jenny ties off the wrap. "Thank you." I pant. I brace myself against the table, biting my lip to stop myself from screaming. The taste of iron filled my mouth as I broke through the skin.

"Please, hun, let me drive you."

"I'll be fine." I say through gritted teeth.

The cashier bites her lip with worry, a look I'd seen Rai give multiple times. I named it: The Worried Parent. "If you're sure."

"I'm sure." I whine, setting my leg in front of me. This was not going to be an easy walk back. Luckily, it was only five minutes away on a good set of legs, it should only take maybe fifteen on a bad leg. I could definitely get away with this.

"Good luck." Jenny wishes me.

- time skip -

I'd barely made it a block when my mind decide it was time for a break, or well, my body did. It happened so fast that I couldn't even prepare myself for it. I collided with the cement before I could even comprehend what was happening. I muffled my scream as my body hit the hard ground. My whole body was screaming.

I lay there for a moment, barely able to keep my eyes open. I probably should have called Rai to tell him what had happened, but my mind was too foggy to do that. With a sudden rush of adrenaline, I pushed myself off the ground, not noticing the large stain of red that remained on the ground, nor did I notice that the once slightly pink bandages had become a violent red.

I continued my journey back to the Man Cave, my breathing seemed to be harder and harder. Each step was laboured and uneasy. Each breath became ragged and wet. I was just about to drop. Which is why it was a miracle that I made it to Junk n' Stuff without fully collapsing.

I stumbled into the elevator, pressed the down button. As the elevator lurched, I was no longer able to keep myself on my feet. I felt my body go numb, my cheek slammed against the floor. My eyes close and everything goes dark.

The elevator doors open and close again, no one knowing they'd ever open to begin with.

Jasper's Point of View

I can't believe I was doing this at, what was the time? Oh gods, two in the damn morning. But here I was, entering Junk n' Stuff, six hours after I'd left, just to get my history project. Logically, I could have just picked up the project before school the next morning, but something told me I should just get it now.

So, I park my very beaten up Toyota, get out, stretch my arms up over my head and make my way to the store. I lazily unlock the front, pausing to yawn before I continue, and pull open the door.